AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Fresno, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager. The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales. I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma. 2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.   Answer Question

Interview

a difficult process

Interview Questions

• name the most strategic thing you did in the past two months   2 Answers

Negotiation

IS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was a 30-minute phone call from two interviewers and consisted of standard-fare behavioral questions. The second round was 2 months later at an office visit in Wilmington and was about 1.5 hours of behavioral questions with 3 interviewers at once. This was tedious. STAR-format questions can leave you dry if you don't like to completely fabricate your life story. The whole process was so slow.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your expected salary? 2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results? 3. Questions about my resume and driving history.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

I applied to a position through Kelly Services, and received an email from AZ asking to set up a phone interview within a week. I had a conference phone interview with multiple employees, and they asked availability for an on-site interview at the end of the phone interview. They emailed me the on-site interview information in a timely manner, and I had a panel interview two months after my phone interview. All their questions (phone and on-site) were asked directly from a pre-determined list, and they spent much of the interview writing down my responses.

Interview Questions

• All were STAR questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Interview

Great initial telephone screen by a third party that works closely with AZ. Questions asked included: salary requirements, professional background summary, current location, driving record.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AstraZeneca (Waltham, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

two phone interview, went pretty well, first one took an hour very good discussion with the hiring manager about what the work is about and my experience and project that i have done

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected just what i have done and question about the CV   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't negotiate

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

very professional and a quick process

Interview Questions

requirements and salary were not compatable

Senior Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Phone screen first interview to see if you fit qualifications, then face to face with District Sales Manager (Direct Manager), Brag Book & Past Experience in Disease State.

Interview Questions

• During your pharmaceutical medical sales career have you ever been asked to leave an office by the health care provider & why?   Answer Question
    • If a health care provider asked you to speak with a counterpart about how they have acted in his/her office, how would you handle that situation if meant that the counterpart woudl or would not be allowed back into that office?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2014.

Interview

30 min phone interview asked about when the last time I spoke in a group setting and what the outcome was, the last time I had to overcome an objection and so on. Asked If I was hired if training in Delaware was a problem. Took Briggs Meyer type survey after interview.