AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

STAR format

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where your ethics were challenged   Answer Question

LIFT Intern (Undergraduate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2013.

I met with two members of the LIFT program's hiring managers (financial analysts) at my university's spring career fair. I was very interested in AZ, and spent a solid ten minutes or so carrying on 1-on-2 with them. I STUPIDLY forgot to ask for either of their business cards; however, I did leave a copy of my resume with them.

After I left the career fair, I reviewed the companies that I had spoken with, and relived that I had forgotten to grab their business cards. I figured my chances were extremely slim, as follow-ups have always served me well - but two weeks later I received an email from one of the analysts I had met, asking if I would be interested in setting up an interview. Needless to say, I said yes.

Following that, they connected me with a finance HR rep who ultimately was the one that scheduled the date/time of my interview. The HR rep also gave me directions as to which building the interview would be at (the AZ campus is very large - six buildings or so.)

Anyways, the AZ campus is very very nice, and I was instantly impressed by the architecture and professionalism of everybody who works there. The company culture is business casual; but, they EXPECT you to come dressed in full professional attire for the interview.

In terms of the interview itself, it consisted of a panel of all three LIFT managers. This was my first interview with a panel greater than two, so I was a bit taken back; however, they were very friendly - quickly calming my nerves. They remembered me from the career fair, and we had a brief (30s - 1m) casual conversation before the actual interview began.

They will ask you for a high level (very general) overview of your work experience on your resume, followed by many behavioral based questions - expected to be answered in the STAR format. If you are not familiar with STAR format interviews, you MUST Google them. ALL AstraZeneca interviews are done in this format. Anyways, after the STAR questions, they asked me about my Excel skills (vlookups/hlookups, pivottables, etc.,) and if I had any experience with SAP and/or Hyperion. To be honest, I had no experience with either, and I told them that. I also did not know vlookups/hlookups or pivottables, and I told them that as well. I told them that while I had no experience, I wanted to learn, and was a quick learner.

To close the interview, they asked me if I had any questions - which of course I did. I highly suggest that you come up with a list of at least five, genuine questions - they appreciate them. Just make sure that they are not bogus questions (just being asked to say that you asked some questions.)

Anyways, I was contacted about 2-3 weeks later with an offer (non-negotiable.)

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember many specific interview questions; however, I do remember that 80% or so were behavior based, and expected to be answered in the STAR format.   Answer Question
    Pay is tiered by schooling year; ie. freshman < sophomores < juniors < seniors < MBAs.

I was entering my senior year, and was offered earned $18.25/hr. (as with all other rising seniors.)

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I had a phone interview. It was conducted by a third party recruiter. She asked basic questions pertaining to work history and education history. She also asked about your driving history because a clean driving record is very important to obtaining the job. Also, questions about presentation skills were asked. Details about the job were also given about training, etc.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2012.

I was a contractor & the interview & hiring process went very well.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

1 interview with manager, 1 field ride with team member, 1 interview with regional manager

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult... understand the company and industry and you'll be fine   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

I had a 30 min phone interview

Director Interview

Prepare to answer in "STAR" format when explaining your prior experience:
    Situation: What was a Situation that once happened to you?
    Task: What task did you have to do?
    Action: What action did you take?
    Result: What was the result?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2012.

I found this process to be tedious and way to lengthy. The hiring managers didn't have the proper authority to make actual hiring decisions in a timely and appropriate manner. Clearly the system needs retooling and perhaps, so does the upper management. I appreciate the "big business" feel, but there are a ton of other rep jobs available in the market currently.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

Felt really comfortable and thought the interview went really well.

Interview Questions
    • Answering questions using the Star Method. They follow a very specific script my friend sent to me. They asked most questions right off the script.   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

The hiring and interview process for AstraZeneca's interns is very professional and is performed the same way as full-time regular employees. The company uses Behavioral Interview questions to assess that you match their Core Capabilities and can follow them. Usually the interviews begin with a 30 minute phone screen. After completing the phone screen, the hiring managers decide if they would like to bring you in face-to-face. Depending on the timeline you are working with, you will then be brought into a face-to-face interview. If there are any additional steps needed after the interview, they will call you again. Otherwise you are notified with an offer for the company. Or, in an unfortunate case, try again.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer general behavioral questions that match the company's values and the job position.   Answer Question
    You are able to negotiate salary.