AstraZeneca

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

STAR format

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where your ethics were challenged   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I had a phone interview. It was conducted by a third party recruiter. She asked basic questions pertaining to work history and education history. She also asked about your driving history because a clean driving record is very important to obtaining the job. Also, questions about presentation skills were asked. Details about the job were also given about training, etc.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2013.

Applied online to two of the same position in different locations. Sent a rejection email for position 1 and less than five minutes later was sent an interview request for position 2; same resume and everything was submitted for both openings. AZ gave a whopping 24 hours heads-up for completing the phone interview, which I found highly unprofessional and rigid.

Recruiter from The Right Stuff conducted the interview - very nice guy, we hit it off. He asked basic questions about my resume, why I wanted the job, and what skills I have for it. When chatting at the end of the interview, he critiqued my answers and told me what to emphasize in the next round with the hiring manager. Seemed like a good sign.

Then came the online personality assessment. It's very close to the typical Myers-Briggs assessment, and I knew this going into it. I also knew that I always land solidly in the ENTJ type and didn't anticipate this being a negative at all for an outside sales role. I was wrong. A few weeks later I learned I didn't pass the assessment (but I did pass it for Lilly, go figure) and was not continuing in the process. I'm told the system "clears" after a while and new applications you submit will go through, but I have no idea what the timeline of this is.

My advice: If you make it to the assessment stage - most people don't since only 6% of submitted resumes make it through initial screening - and are ENTJ, try to cover this up on the test. You are not what AZ wants. They're a European company and are probably looking for more passive traits than those an ENTJ typically has. Whether you want to work in a sales environment that doesn't value an assertive, goal-oriented, and outgoing personality type - all rather important things in being an effective salesperson - is another story.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing especially difficult. Be prepared to produce a specific example of when you've given a presentation and what the result was in STAR format.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

1 interview with manager, 1 field ride with team member, 1 interview with regional manager

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult... understand the company and industry and you'll be fine   Answer Question

Director Interview

Prepare to answer in "STAR" format when explaining your prior experience:
    Situation: What was a Situation that once happened to you?
    Task: What task did you have to do?
    Action: What action did you take?
    Result: What was the result?

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

The hiring and interview process for AstraZeneca's interns is very professional and is performed the same way as full-time regular employees. The company uses Behavioral Interview questions to assess that you match their Core Capabilities and can follow them. Usually the interviews begin with a 30 minute phone screen. After completing the phone screen, the hiring managers decide if they would like to bring you in face-to-face. Depending on the timeline you are working with, you will then be brought into a face-to-face interview. If there are any additional steps needed after the interview, they will call you again. Otherwise you are notified with an offer for the company. Or, in an unfortunate case, try again.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer general behavioral questions that match the company's values and the job position.   Answer Question
    You are able to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cromwell, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cromwell, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in July 2013.

Has phone interview, personality survey and face interview. Interview was very straight forward, asked me to review my resume then asked 4 questions in STAR format. I answered all the questions thoroughly and precise. However, they are interviewing 15-20 people for the same position and process is taking weeks to complete.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2013.

I was interviewed by 5 people. Starting with the lowest in rank and ending with the highest, a senior VP. Questions were fairly straightforward, no tricks or anything. Everyone was very kind and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • "Case style" question asking what I would do in a certain situation when a doctor was being particularly difficult   Answer Question

To accept a position at a different company

CV SPEC Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

First a phone interview with questions regarding what hospitals you have called on including any interventional cardiologists you might know. If you pass this phase you will have a written assessment. The next stage is an interview with the hiring manager followed by an interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer standard interview questions in STAR format.   Answer Question

Facility Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

The process took a weekinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I had a brief phone interview followed by an onsite interview at their Wilmington De headquarters site. I met with the manager that I would be working for and then with a potential client that I would serve as an R&D engineer providing them advise on renovating their laboratories to be state of the art. Everyone was very friendly but the site or laboratories were outdated and needed renovations which was good for me. All questions were behavoral based so be prepared for the two minute drill-" tell me about yourself"

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    They asked me what I wanted and they agreed to it.