AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cromwell, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Cromwell, CT) in July 2013.

Interview

Has phone interview, personality survey and face interview. Interview was very straight forward, asked me to review my resume then asked 4 questions in STAR format. I answered all the questions thoroughly and precise. However, they are interviewing 15-20 people for the same position and process is taking weeks to complete.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 people. Starting with the lowest in rank and ending with the highest, a senior VP. Questions were fairly straightforward, no tricks or anything. Everyone was very kind and courteous.

Interview Questions

• "Case style" question asking what I would do in a certain situation when a doctor was being particularly difficult   Answer Question

To accept a position at a different company

CV SPEC Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

First a phone interview with questions regarding what hospitals you have called on including any interventional cardiologists you might know. If you pass this phase you will have a written assessment. The next stage is an interview with the hiring manager followed by an interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer standard interview questions in STAR format.   Answer Question

Facility Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview followed by an onsite interview at their Wilmington De headquarters site. I met with the manager that I would be working for and then with a potential client that I would serve as an R&D engineer providing them advise on renovating their laboratories to be state of the art. Everyone was very friendly but the site or laboratories were outdated and needed renovations which was good for me. All questions were behavoral based so be prepared for the two minute drill-" tell me about yourself"

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me what I wanted and they agreed to it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Phone interview to make sure you can effectively communicate. Then a personality test. Then your in person interview. During this first interview they will ask you 4 questions, and really focus on the follow up questions to them. The second interview will be almost the exact same, but with a higher manager involved.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to influence someone on your team to do something they did not want to do at all.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

Applied online. Received a request to set up phone interview a few days after applying. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was told I'd receive an email within a week or 2 to fill out an application and 2 personality tests if I was selected. 10 minutes later, i received both links. Face to face interview is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Nothing overly difficult in the phone interview. Just be honest regarding info in your resume and background.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview

phone interview, assessment, one-on-one interview

Interview Questions

• What do you do to get your name out in the business field?   Answer Question

Interview

Phone interivew asking you to review your resume, ask about a time where you have to do a presentation. Then they email you a questionnaire. I did that about two weeks ago. still waiting to hear back.

LIFT Intern (Undergraduate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Wilmington, DE) in April 2013.

Interview

I met with two members of the LIFT program's hiring managers (financial analysts) at my university's spring career fair. I was very interested in AZ, and spent a solid ten minutes or so carrying on 1-on-2 with them. I STUPIDLY forgot to ask for either of their business cards; however, I did leave a copy of my resume with them.

After I left the career fair, I reviewed the companies that I had spoken with, and relived that I had forgotten to grab their business cards. I figured my chances were extremely slim, as follow-ups have always served me well - but two weeks later I received an email from one of the analysts I had met, asking if I would be interested in setting up an interview. Needless to say, I said yes.

Following that, they connected me with a finance HR rep who ultimately was the one that scheduled the date/time of my interview. The HR rep also gave me directions as to which building the interview would be at (the AZ campus is very large - six buildings or so.)

Anyways, the AZ campus is very very nice, and I was instantly impressed by the architecture and professionalism of everybody who works there. The company culture is business casual; but, they EXPECT you to come dressed in full professional attire for the interview.

In terms of the interview itself, it consisted of a panel of all three LIFT managers. This was my first interview with a panel greater than two, so I was a bit taken back; however, they were very friendly - quickly calming my nerves. They remembered me from the career fair, and we had a brief (30s - 1m) casual conversation before the actual interview began.

They will ask you for a high level (very general) overview of your work experience on your resume, followed by many behavioral based questions - expected to be answered in the STAR format. If you are not familiar with STAR format interviews, you MUST Google them. ALL AstraZeneca interviews are done in this format. Anyways, after the STAR questions, they asked me about my Excel skills (vlookups/hlookups, pivottables, etc.,) and if I had any experience with SAP and/or Hyperion. To be honest, I had no experience with either, and I told them that. I also did not know vlookups/hlookups or pivottables, and I told them that as well. I told them that while I had no experience, I wanted to learn, and was a quick learner.

To close the interview, they asked me if I had any questions - which of course I did. I highly suggest that you come up with a list of at least five, genuine questions - they appreciate them. Just make sure that they are not bogus questions (just being asked to say that you asked some questions.)

Anyways, I was contacted about 2-3 weeks later with an offer (non-negotiable.)

Interview Questions

• I don't remember many specific interview questions; however, I do remember that 80% or so were behavior based, and expected to be answered in the STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is tiered by schooling year; ie. freshman < sophomores < juniors < seniors < MBAs.

I was entering my senior year, and was offered earned $18.25/hr. (as with all other rising seniors.)

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Westfield, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for a position in Westfield, MA. About a week later, I got a phone interview in Feb 27th, 2013. Then, a week later, they asked me to fill out these two questionnaires online (about 20 min each). I did that. After, i was asked to fill out the rest of the online application form. Then, about a month later, April 8th, I was asked for an in-person interview. I went to the interview. In the beginning, they had me talk about my resume. Then, they asked me 4 questions in a STAR format. At the end, I asked them a list of questions that i had prepared with me and that was it. It's been about 3 weeks and I still haven't heard back. I'm assuming I haven't gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an ethical dilemma that you have encountered, how did you handle it and what was the outcome   Answer Question