AstraZeneca

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2013.

I applied for a position in Westfield, MA. About a week later, I got a phone interview in Feb 27th, 2013. Then, a week later, they asked me to fill out these two questionnaires online (about 20 min each). I did that. After, i was asked to fill out the rest of the online application form. Then, about a month later, April 8th, I was asked for an in-person interview. I went to the interview. In the beginning, they had me talk about my resume. Then, they asked me 4 questions in a STAR format. At the end, I asked them a list of questions that i had prepared with me and that was it. It's been about 3 weeks and I still haven't heard back. I'm assuming I haven't gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an ethical dilemma that you have encountered, how did you handle it and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2013.

Very pleasant experience. The DM was very polite and professional. The hiring DM interviewed me along with another DM from another territory. They asked basic questions like "Describe a time when you had to convince someone to agree with you when they had a different perspective." They also asked me about myself and to explain my resume in detail.

Interview Questions
    • 'What ethical delima have you experienced?"   View Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Western Location, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Western Location, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I received an email stating that I was chosen for a phone interview. It directed me to set up a phone interview which I did. There were many choices for dates and times. The phone interview was very basic, and I was not very impressed. She had to tell someone to be quiet (one of her kids maybe), and she was obviously reading from a script.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time that you have given a presentation?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Referred by a friend. Interview process was conducted all in one day. 3 separate interviews with an offer that evening.

Interview Questions
    • I must admit I do not remember as it was so long ago. I guess there weren't any extremely difficult questions since I do not recall anything negative.   View Answer
    Made a generous offer and accepted. No real negotiation.

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

The interview process was truly superb. Everyone was friendly, accommodating, and very professional. I was invited out for dinner by the hiring manager and a couple of principal scientists the night before to break the ice and establish a little friendly rapport. The day of was a whirlwind, as are all day-long interviews. But everything was very well organized and the schedule had been provided to me well in advance. I interviewed with the HR rep, then a research associate, then her managing principal scientist, then I gave an hour-long presentation of my previous research, then lunch with some of the collaborating scientist outside of the hiring group. After lunch I interviewed with another principal scientist, then a current postdoc scientist, and finally with the hiring manager where most of the discussion involved the research project. Overall, it was a great experience. The scientists are brilliant and offered some great insight into my previous work. The campus is beautiful, the culture is friendly and innovative. I very much respect how they do business up there. To be honest, my only complaint is that I didn't get the job. =)

Interview Questions
    • What area of synthetic chemistry do you find that you have not explored, but that you would like to gain more experience in?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied early February, and got an invite for a phone interview two weeks later. After my phone interview I was sent a link to complete two online personality tests, and still waiting to hear back from them...

PSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

Applied online, got an email for a phone interview. Pretty basic, double check resume, explain job description a little more in detail, and ask question such ad name a time you had to give a presentation: who was audience, what was turnout of it, etc. (answet in STAR format) Passed that and got another email to take 2 personality tests, don't lie on these they will find out, just be honest about who you are and if its a fit great, if not it probably wasn't for you. Once I passed this I was emailed to schedule a face to face interview, be confident and do your hw especially f you are just graduated a d new to sales. During interview they go over resume, ask about what you know about AZ, about job position, and 4 behavioral questions such as name a time you had to build rapport with someone in a difficult situation, time you faced an ethical dilemma, overcoming an obstacle/challenge and what steps did you do to persist thru it (answer in STAR format!!!) After this I asked my own questions about the territory, drugs, quotas, training etc. After interview I received another email to fill out another application with them that was more detailed about company policy, hair drug test, background check, driving record check. Interview was 2 business days ago and I'm waiting to hear back about the next step, regardless, the DSM I interviewed with said I would hear back either way.

Interview Questions
    • Time I had to build rapport with someone in a difficult circumstance   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

Very long process. Phone interview, assessment test with 200 questions, face to face with 2 DM's answered questions in STAR format. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable. They said I did well but I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to convince your boss to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

The AZ process is lengthy, I first found the position on a career site, formulated my CL and resume, and began the application. I was emailed for a phone interview, which went very well. The recruiter on the other end was easy to talk to, and ended the conversation saying she really liked me and thought I'd be perfect for the position. She then went into details as if I had the job, but needed to finish the formalities of the process. Next, they require a questionnaire, which has two (or three, I forget now) parts, approximately 200 questions each, finished within 48 hours of the phone interview. This is to judge who you really are, since many questions are repetitive but will catch you in a lie. I finished my questionnaire, and then was told to wait. I was feeling pretty confident, and had read online sometimes you wouldn't hear back for a month, so I didn't start worrying yet. It wasn't until a friend who had apparently applied for the same position, informed me that she got the job. Two months after that, I got the standard rejection email from AstraZeneca. I was disappointed, but mainly with the false confidence my interviewer gave me and the huge time lapse.

Interview Questions
    • Name an ethical dilemma that you ran into and how did you appoach it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

Felt really comfortable and thought the interview went really well.

Interview Questions
    • Answering questions using the Star Method. They follow a very specific script my friend sent to me. They asked most questions right off the script.   View Answer