AstraZeneca

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

3.1

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied early February, and got an invite for a phone interview two weeks later. After my phone interview I was sent a link to complete two online personality tests, and still waiting to hear back from them...

PSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

Applied online, got an email for a phone interview. Pretty basic, double check resume, explain job description a little more in detail, and ask question such ad name a time you had to give a presentation: who was audience, what was turnout of it, etc. (answet in STAR format) Passed that and got another email to take 2 personality tests, don't lie on these they will find out, just be honest about who you are and if its a fit great, if not it probably wasn't for you. Once I passed this I was emailed to schedule a face to face interview, be confident and do your hw especially f you are just graduated a d new to sales. During interview they go over resume, ask about what you know about AZ, about job position, and 4 behavioral questions such as name a time you had to build rapport with someone in a difficult situation, time you faced an ethical dilemma, overcoming an obstacle/challenge and what steps did you do to persist thru it (answer in STAR format!!!) After this I asked my own questions about the territory, drugs, quotas, training etc. After interview I received another email to fill out another application with them that was more detailed about company policy, hair drug test, background check, driving record check. Interview was 2 business days ago and I'm waiting to hear back about the next step, regardless, the DSM I interviewed with said I would hear back either way.

Interview Questions
    • Time I had to build rapport with someone in a difficult circumstance   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

Very long process. Phone interview, assessment test with 200 questions, face to face with 2 DM's answered questions in STAR format. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable. They said I did well but I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to convince your boss to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

The AZ process is lengthy, I first found the position on a career site, formulated my CL and resume, and began the application. I was emailed for a phone interview, which went very well. The recruiter on the other end was easy to talk to, and ended the conversation saying she really liked me and thought I'd be perfect for the position. She then went into details as if I had the job, but needed to finish the formalities of the process. Next, they require a questionnaire, which has two (or three, I forget now) parts, approximately 200 questions each, finished within 48 hours of the phone interview. This is to judge who you really are, since many questions are repetitive but will catch you in a lie. I finished my questionnaire, and then was told to wait. I was feeling pretty confident, and had read online sometimes you wouldn't hear back for a month, so I didn't start worrying yet. It wasn't until a friend who had apparently applied for the same position, informed me that she got the job. Two months after that, I got the standard rejection email from AstraZeneca. I was disappointed, but mainly with the false confidence my interviewer gave me and the huge time lapse.

Interview Questions
    • Name an ethical dilemma that you ran into and how did you appoach it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

Felt really comfortable and thought the interview went really well.

Interview Questions
    • Answering questions using the Star Method. They follow a very specific script my friend sent to me. They asked most questions right off the script.   View Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

I first applied online and was emailed a confirmation for a phone interview. This went well, fairly easy, simple questions about yourself, your past work experience, and behavioral questions. Remember to answer in STAR format. I was then asked to fill out a questionaire of about 200 questions. Done and Done. I was then appointed a face-to-face interview with the Hiring manager/DSM who brought along another DSM to the interview.
    **WORD OF ADVICE: It is extrememly important to DO YOUR RESEARCH! look up the hiring manager, find out a little about him/her so you have something to talk about regarding their accomplishments and experience. An interview should be a conversation.
    ***Research the company. Find out what their goals are. DO NOT assume that you will just be selling drugs to doctors and courting them with exceptional foods. The hiring manager does not want to hear this. You want to provide great medicine to HELP PEOPLE IN NEED. Care about the job, don't just do it for the perks or money. You can't fool others.
    **Smile, be charasmatic, polite, and professional. Always answer in STAR format, for they will indeed ask you 4 behavioral questions that pretty much make or break your interview. Last but not least, CLOSE THE INTERVIEW by expressing your gratitude for the interview and letting them know that YOU WANT THE JOB and that you solemly believe you qualify. Ask them if they see you as a potential candidate. It's a yes or a no question, so be prepared.
    GOOD LUCK and always be a step ahead.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What ethical dilemma have you experienced at your workplace
      2. When have you had to convince your boss to make a decision
        Answer Question
    I got a call after my interview and was offered a package I couldn't resist. I tried to negotiate the base salary for the heck of it, however I was told that my lack of experience was the reason for the base salary (which wasn't too shabby). So I happily accepted. I also had the luck of having a lovely manager to work with, so that's always helpful.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Applied online. Was contacted 2 weeks later for a phone interview. That same day I was sent and completed 2 different personality assessments, 200 questions each. 5 weeks after that I had an in-person interview with 2 DSM's (one that was hiring for the specific job I was interviewing for, and the other was said to be a DSM in training who was learning the ropes of interviewing candidates). I sent a follow-up/thank-you e-mail. 3 weeks later I received an automated e-mail saying the position was closed.

Interview Questions
    • 3 strengths, 1 weakness, name an ethical dilemma you faced, talk about a time you gave a presentation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Had a phone interview and face to face. Waiting to hear back. So far the process has taken about 2 months

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult task you had to overcome and what steps did you take to rectify it?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Applied online and was given a phone interview that covered my background and a few behavioral/STAR questions followed that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to give a presentation, who was the audience, etc.?
      Why do you want to work in this industry?
      What is your greatest weakness?
        Answer Question

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Great up front work but poor back end