AstraZeneca

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 5 people. Starting with the lowest in rank and ending with the highest, a senior VP. Questions were fairly straightforward, no tricks or anything. Everyone was very kind and courteous.

Interview Question – "Case style" question asking what I would do in a certain situation when a doctor was being particularly difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – To accept a position at a different company

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2014.

Interview Details – 30 min phone interview asked about when the last time I spoke in a group setting and what the outcome was, the last time I had to overcome an objection and so on. Asked If I was hired if training in Delaware was a problem. Took Briggs Meyer type survey after interview.

Interview Question – How I would gain access to a physicians office   Answer Question

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details – Great initial telephone screen by a third party that works closely with AZ. Questions asked included: salary requirements, professional background summary, current location, driving record.

Interview Question – Salary question.   View Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – Referred by an educator who had worked with the company on a product launch. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and we did a phone interview a few days later. It was a résumé overview and a couple of behavioral based questions. I was then scheduled for a face to face with the hiring manager, who was exceptionally warm yet very professional. She was interviewing more candidates this week (my interview was last week) and said she would let me know about the second interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – They asked 4 questions and requested the answers be STAR format.

Interview Question – The business ethics questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter, spoke with her for a few minutes and filled out the initial online application. About a week later, I had a 30 minute phone interview with someone from HR and then had to fill out the 2 personality profile surveys (about 200 questions each). After I passed that I had to complete an additional application. 2 weeks later I was contacted once again and have an interview scheduled with the Exec Director of Sales this Thursday so we will see what happens

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience you have doing a presentation (HR Interview)   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – STAR format

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where your ethics were challenged   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview. It was conducted by a third party recruiter. She asked basic questions pertaining to work history and education history. She also asked about your driving history because a clean driving record is very important to obtaining the job. Also, questions about presentation skills were asked. Details about the job were also given about training, etc.

Interview Question – Presentation skills   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – 1 interview with manager, 1 field ride with team member, 1 interview with regional manager

Interview Question – Not very difficult... understand the company and industry and you'll be fine   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2012.

Interview Details – I found this process to be tedious and way to lengthy. The hiring managers didn't have the proper authority to make actual hiring decisions in a timely and appropriate manner. Clearly the system needs retooling and perhaps, so does the upper management. I appreciate the "big business" feel, but there are a ton of other rep jobs available in the market currently.

Interview Question – If you were an animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!