AstraZeneca

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews than ride-a-long day with a rep. very typical process with final interview being a panel of managers. Did not interview with a regional manager but most do.

Interview Question – All behavior based questions, must use STAR format...if you have examples of challenges and accomplishments ready you can fit them into most of the questions as examples   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2012.

Interview Details – Will require at least two interviews in addition to a phone screening and a personality test. Remember that they are looking for a sales person-- you have to directly ask for the job on the phone interview (close!).

Interview Question – Make sure you have several examples of times when you overcame some sort of challenge, and frame them in STAR format (Situation or Task, Assesment, and Result).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated and got $2,000 more than they initially offered.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Interview Details – Online application, then got an email for a 20 minute phone interview with a third party. Asked about a time I gave a presentation to a group. Then got an email with 2 links to fill out 200+ question personality tests. Passed these and was asked to fill out an official online application.

Received an email to set up a face to face interview for the next week. Met with two managers for an hour interview. Was asked 4 behavior - STAR questions. Great interview, but they called to say they wanted someone with experience specific to the industry.

Interview Question – Ethical dilemma, conflict with someone, and a time you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details – PDI contract, after 1 yr, hired on at AZ. Rare, but if you really push to shine, do as much or more that the AZ reps do, you will be noticed, not treated as a contract team member. You have to work to earn it!

Interview Question – Do not remember, but hired internally, so had demonstrated by abilities.Do remember it was STAR format   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, offered a salary package, take it or leave it.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online to AZ through monster.com. Sent resume and answered their basic questions. Received a phone call two weeks later to set up a phone interview for the following week. Interview consisted of basic HR questions and a few STAR situational/behavioral questions. After phone screening there were two Hogan personality tests (each around 100 questions) and an AZ specific situational survey (this was referenced in F2F interview so remember your answers!)

F2F interview was offered two weeks after phone screening and schedule for two weeks after that. Met with two DSM's. Basic STAR questions. Also had to give a 10 min prepared persuasive argument. This interview was extremely fun and cheerful.

Received call for second F2F interview two weeks after first. Was scheduled with DSM and RSM in a coffee shop. Expected it to be laid back, but was a very difficult grill session.

Received call that a ride along would be schedule two days after interview. That ride along is with a sales rep next week. Fingers crossed!

Interview Question – Describe an ethical dilemma and how you handled it. Why should AZ hire someone without sales experience?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Question – 1. What is your expected salary?
2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
3. Questions about my resume and driving history.
  Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

Interview Details – Process took about three months. Submitted resume on line and about 6 weeks later received email to book a phone interview. After phone interview, moved on to personality test. I have face to face interview scheduled this week.

Interview Question – Preparing for interview now.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted separate resumes online for three openings in my general region. Within a week, two were rejected but the submission to the posting closet to me was accepted. The email response presented available days/times for a telephone interview. I chose an appointment for the following day and found the person conducting the interview to be pleasant, professional, engaging and informative. The phone interview consisted of reviewing my resume and clarification of employment experiences. Having passed the phone interview, I was told to expect an email containing a link to two assessment tests. They arrived immediately and shortly thereafter I completed them then submitted them. That was all today, so obviously I haven't heard if I'm selected to proceed. But thus far, the experience has been fair, expected, and efficient.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary....certainly no "trick" questions. All very professional.   Answer Question

Brownsville, TX

I applied online and interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Neat and organized interview process. Had my first phone interview which I passed. My next interview is a one on one interview with the DM. Hope all goes well.

Interview Question – Easy questions about your background and resume   Answer Question

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!