AstraZeneca

Getting the Interview

27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details – PDI contract, after 1 yr, hired on at AZ. Rare, but if you really push to shine, do as much or more that the AZ reps do, you will be noticed, not treated as a contract team member. You have to work to earn it!

Interview Question – Do not remember, but hired internally, so had demonstrated by abilities.Do remember it was STAR format   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, offered a salary package, take it or leave it.

Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online to AZ through monster.com. Sent resume and answered their basic questions. Received a phone call two weeks later to set up a phone interview for the following week. Interview consisted of basic HR questions and a few STAR situational/behavioral questions. After phone screening there were two Hogan personality tests (each around 100 questions) and an AZ specific situational survey (this was referenced in F2F interview so remember your answers!)

F2F interview was offered two weeks after phone screening and schedule for two weeks after that. Met with two DSM's. Basic STAR questions. Also had to give a 10 min prepared persuasive argument. This interview was extremely fun and cheerful.

Received call for second F2F interview two weeks after first. Was scheduled with DSM and RSM in a coffee shop. Expected it to be laid back, but was a very difficult grill session.

Received call that a ride along would be schedule two days after interview. That ride along is with a sales rep next week. Fingers crossed!

Interview Question – Describe an ethical dilemma and how you handled it. Why should AZ hire someone without sales experience?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Question – 1. What is your expected salary?
2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
3. Questions about my resume and driving history.
  Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

Interview Details – Process took about three months. Submitted resume on line and about 6 weeks later received email to book a phone interview. After phone interview, moved on to personality test. I have face to face interview scheduled this week.

Interview Question – Preparing for interview now.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted separate resumes online for three openings in my general region. Within a week, two were rejected but the submission to the posting closet to me was accepted. The email response presented available days/times for a telephone interview. I chose an appointment for the following day and found the person conducting the interview to be pleasant, professional, engaging and informative. The phone interview consisted of reviewing my resume and clarification of employment experiences. Having passed the phone interview, I was told to expect an email containing a link to two assessment tests. They arrived immediately and shortly thereafter I completed them then submitted them. That was all today, so obviously I haven't heard if I'm selected to proceed. But thus far, the experience has been fair, expected, and efficient.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary....certainly no "trick" questions. All very professional.   Answer Question

Brownsville, TX

I applied online and interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Neat and organized interview process. Had my first phone interview which I passed. My next interview is a one on one interview with the DM. Hope all goes well.

Interview Question – Easy questions about your background and resume   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Long Island City, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had a 30 min phone interview

Interview Question – Typical preliminary questions   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Phone interview to make sure you can effectively communicate. Then a personality test. Then your in person interview. During this first interview they will ask you 4 questions, and really focus on the follow up questions to them. The second interview will be almost the exact same, but with a higher manager involved.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to influence someone on your team to do something they did not want to do at all.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a request to set up phone interview a few days after applying. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was told I'd receive an email within a week or 2 to fill out an application and 2 personality tests if I was selected. 10 minutes later, i received both links. Face to face interview is scheduled.

Interview Question – Nothing overly difficult in the phone interview. Just be honest regarding info in your resume and background.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AstraZeneca

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!

AstraZeneca – Why Work for Us?

Our mission is to create a meaningful difference. In the lives of the patients we serve. And the people who work here.   We are AstraZeneca. More than 57,000 employees strong, we have a presence in over 100 countries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AstraZeneca Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by AstraZeneca employees and interview candidates.