AstraZeneca

Average Difficulty
47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

Interview Details – Felt really comfortable and thought the interview went really well.

Interview Question – Answering questions using the Star Method. They follow a very specific script my friend sent to me. They asked most questions right off the script.   View Answer

Cromwell, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in July 2013.

Interview Details – Has phone interview, personality survey and face interview. Interview was very straight forward, asked me to review my resume then asked 4 questions in STAR format. I answered all the questions thoroughly and precise. However, they are interviewing 15-20 people for the same position and process is taking weeks to complete.

Interview Question – What is an ethical dilemma you faced?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very pleasant experience. The DM was very polite and professional. The hiring DM interviewed me along with another DM from another territory. They asked basic questions like "Describe a time when you had to convince someone to agree with you when they had a different perspective." They also asked me about myself and to explain my resume in detail.

Interview Question – 'What ethical delima have you experienced?"   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

Interview Details – The AZ process is lengthy, I first found the position on a career site, formulated my CL and resume, and began the application. I was emailed for a phone interview, which went very well. The recruiter on the other end was easy to talk to, and ended the conversation saying she really liked me and thought I'd be perfect for the position. She then went into details as if I had the job, but needed to finish the formalities of the process. Next, they require a questionnaire, which has two (or three, I forget now) parts, approximately 200 questions each, finished within 48 hours of the phone interview. This is to judge who you really are, since many questions are repetitive but will catch you in a lie. I finished my questionnaire, and then was told to wait. I was feeling pretty confident, and had read online sometimes you wouldn't hear back for a month, so I didn't start worrying yet. It wasn't until a friend who had apparently applied for the same position, informed me that she got the job. Two months after that, I got the standard rejection email from AstraZeneca. I was disappointed, but mainly with the false confidence my interviewer gave me and the huge time lapse.

Interview Question – Name an ethical dilemma that you ran into and how did you appoach it?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very long process. Phone interview, assessment test with 200 questions, face to face with 2 DM's answered questions in STAR format. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable. They said I did well but I was not given an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to convince your boss to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details – Phone interivew asking you to review your resume, ask about a time where you have to do a presentation. Then they email you a questionnaire. I did that about two weeks ago. still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to give a presentation   Answer Question

Western Location, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details – I received an email stating that I was chosen for a phone interview. It directed me to set up a phone interview which I did. There were many choices for dates and times. The phone interview was very basic, and I was not very impressed. She had to tell someone to be quiet (one of her kids maybe), and she was obviously reading from a script.

Interview Question – Can you describe a time that you have given a presentation?   Answer Question

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details – I applied early February, and got an invite for a phone interview two weeks later. After my phone interview I was sent a link to complete two online personality tests, and still waiting to hear back from them...

Interview Question – Very basic questions referring back to your resume.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied online and was emailed a confirmation for a phone interview. This went well, fairly easy, simple questions about yourself, your past work experience, and behavioral questions. Remember to answer in STAR format. I was then asked to fill out a questionaire of about 200 questions. Done and Done. I was then appointed a face-to-face interview with the Hiring manager/DSM who brought along another DSM to the interview.
**WORD OF ADVICE: It is extrememly important to DO YOUR RESEARCH! look up the hiring manager, find out a little about him/her so you have something to talk about regarding their accomplishments and experience. An interview should be a conversation.
***Research the company. Find out what their goals are. DO NOT assume that you will just be selling drugs to doctors and courting them with exceptional foods. The hiring manager does not want to hear this. You want to provide great medicine to HELP PEOPLE IN NEED. Care about the job, don't just do it for the perks or money. You can't fool others.
**Smile, be charasmatic, polite, and professional. Always answer in STAR format, for they will indeed ask you 4 behavioral questions that pretty much make or break your interview. Last but not least, CLOSE THE INTERVIEW by expressing your gratitude for the interview and letting them know that YOU WANT THE JOB and that you solemly believe you qualify. Ask them if they see you as a potential candidate. It's a yes or a no question, so be prepared.
GOOD LUCK and always be a step ahead.

Interview Question – 1. What ethical dilemma have you experienced at your workplace
2. When have you had to convince your boss to make a decision
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a call after my interview and was offered a package I couldn't resist. I tried to negotiate the base salary for the heck of it, however I was told that my lack of experience was the reason for the base salary (which wasn't too shabby). So I happily accepted. I also had the luck of having a lovely manager to work with, so that's always helpful.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was given a phone interview that covered my background and a few behavioral/STAR questions followed that.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to give a presentation, who was the audience, etc.?
Why do you want to work in this industry?
What is your greatest weakness?
  Answer Question