AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I first applied online and was emailed a confirmation for a phone interview. This went well, fairly easy, simple questions about yourself, your past work experience, and behavioral questions. Remember to answer in STAR format. I was then asked to fill out a questionaire of about 200 questions. Done and Done. I was then appointed a face-to-face interview with the Hiring manager/DSM who brought along another DSM to the interview. **WORD OF ADVICE: It is extrememly important to DO YOUR RESEARCH! look up the hiring manager, find out a little about him/her so you have something to talk about regarding their accomplishments and experience. An interview should be a conversation. ***Research the company. Find out what their goals are. DO NOT assume that you will just be selling drugs to doctors and courting them with exceptional foods. The hiring manager does not want to hear this. You want to provide great medicine to HELP PEOPLE IN NEED. Care about the job, don't just do it for the perks or money. You can't fool others. **Smile, be charasmatic, polite, and professional. Always answer in STAR format, for they will indeed ask you 4 behavioral questions that pretty much make or break your interview. Last but not least, CLOSE THE INTERVIEW by expressing your gratitude for the interview and letting them know that YOU WANT THE JOB and that you solemly believe you qualify. Ask them if they see you as a potential candidate. It's a yes or a no question, so be prepared. GOOD LUCK and always be a step ahead.

Interview Questions

• 1. What ethical dilemma have you experienced at your workplace 2. When have you had to convince your boss to make a decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a call after my interview and was offered a package I couldn't resist. I tried to negotiate the base salary for the heck of it, however I was told that my lack of experience was the reason for the base salary (which wasn't too shabby). So I happily accepted. I also had the luck of having a lovely manager to work with, so that's always helpful.

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Houston, TX).

Interview

Had a phone interview and face to face. Waiting to hear back. So far the process has taken about 2 months

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult task you had to overcome and what steps did you take to rectify it?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was given a phone interview that covered my background and a few behavioral/STAR questions followed that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give a presentation, who was the audience, etc.? Why do you want to work in this industry? What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I have done the phone interview and the first face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Described a time where in a difficult circumstances you had to build a rapport with a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you set a goal for yourself and what did you do to accomplish?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (San Juan, PR) in December 2012.

Interview

Apply online. After two weeks received a call for an appointment for a phone interview. It was really a screening call, it was very easy. It consist of simple basic education, experience,salary expectationsand what you know about the company . The next step was to take an on line personality test. Its been a week now and I am waiting for them

Interview Questions

• At this first step in the process there no difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

The first notification was an e-mail to set up an interview with a recruiter. Then it was followed by 2 personality tests. After completing the 2 personality tests I received another e-mail to complete additional information application and agree to a background check and it would be forwarded to a hiring manager. That was a month ago and I have not heard anything back.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Monroe, LA) in November 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume online late afternoon then received an email to schedule a 30 minute phone interview by lunch time the next day. The phone interview was done by a third party company and basically verified my resume so be sure to have a copy at hand. They don't ask too many probing questions during the phone screening so the first step is relatively easy. Moving on to the next step in a couple days, it takes quite a while to get your career going with this company.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

interview consists of a phone interview, 200+ questionnaire, interview with the DSM and RSM, a ride a long, and an exit interview. the entire process takes a little bit over a month.

Interview Questions

• name a time that you had a to give a presentation and answer in STAR format   Answer Question
    • Name an ethical dilemma that you ran into and how did you approach it? answer in STAR format   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca (Hartford, CT) in September 2012.

Interview

Received an email to set up a time for a phone screening interview. The screening was different and didn't go that well. It was mostly about my background with a few situational questions aswell. When the interview person asked if I had questions I started to go down my list of questions, but she didn't answer ANY! She either said thats a question for the regional sales director who I'll speak to later on in the interview process or said legally she can discuss that at this time (regarding newest drugs, future of AZ, new trends etc). She was basically of no help and sounded like a robot the complete time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave a presentation. Screening interview just happened today so Im waiting to hear back.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca (Albany, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

First portion is a 30 minute phone interview. If approved to go further then you have a face to face interview that will last for at least four hours. The next process is a ride a long day or two in the field with a current sales representative and if the decision is made to move forward the there is a 6 hour interview with the DSM and the RSD. The final is training. Once the whole process is done it takes about 6 - 8 weeks.