AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Applied online to AZ through monster.com. Sent resume and answered their basic questions. Received a phone call two weeks later to set up a phone interview for the following week. Interview consisted of basic HR questions and a few STAR situational/behavioral questions. After phone screening there were two Hogan personality tests (each around 100 questions) and an AZ specific situational survey (this was referenced in F2F interview so remember your answers!)

F2F interview was offered two weeks after phone screening and schedule for two weeks after that. Met with two DSM's. Basic STAR questions. Also had to give a 10 min prepared persuasive argument. This interview was extremely fun and cheerful.

Received call for second F2F interview two weeks after first. Was scheduled with DSM and RSM in a coffee shop. Expected it to be laid back, but was a very difficult grill session.

Received call that a ride along would be schedule two days after interview. That ride along is with a sales rep next week. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions
  • Describe an ethical dilemma and how you handled it. Why should AZ hire someone without sales experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. It was a very structured interview where the recruiter just read off a list of questions she had for me.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is your expected salary?
      2. Give me an example of a presentation you had to do. Who was the audience? What were the results?
      3. Questions about my resume and driving history.
        Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Online application, then got an email for a 20 minute phone interview with a third party. Asked about a time I gave a presentation to a group. Then got an email with 2 links to fill out 200+ question personality tests. Passed these and was asked to fill out an official online application.

Received an email to set up a face to face interview for the next week. Met with two managers for an hour interview. Was asked 4 behavior - STAR questions. Great interview, but they called to say they wanted someone with experience specific to the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Ethical dilemma, conflict with someone, and a time you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beirut (Lebanon)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beirut (Lebanon)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

3 interviews, sales manager, country manager, area manager
    presentation on the selected line
    test in selling skills
    personality tests

Interview Questions
    • a lot of business cases and fictive scenarios to analyze the decision making logic.   Answer Question
    it was solid predetermined salary package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2013.

I applied for a position in Westfield, MA. About a week later, I got a phone interview in Feb 27th, 2013. Then, a week later, they asked me to fill out these two questionnaires online (about 20 min each). I did that. After, i was asked to fill out the rest of the online application form. Then, about a month later, April 8th, I was asked for an in-person interview. I went to the interview. In the beginning, they had me talk about my resume. Then, they asked me 4 questions in a STAR format. At the end, I asked them a list of questions that i had prepared with me and that was it. It's been about 3 weeks and I still haven't heard back. I'm assuming I haven't gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an ethical dilemma that you have encountered, how did you handle it and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone interview to make sure you can effectively communicate. Then a personality test. Then your in person interview. During this first interview they will ask you 4 questions, and really focus on the follow up questions to them. The second interview will be almost the exact same, but with a higher manager involved.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to influence someone on your team to do something they did not want to do at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2012.

Will require at least two interviews in addition to a phone screening and a personality test. Remember that they are looking for a sales person-- you have to directly ask for the job on the phone interview (close!).

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you have several examples of times when you overcame some sort of challenge, and frame them in STAR format (Situation or Task, Assesment, and Result).   Answer Question
    I negotiated and got $2,000 more than they initially offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
      2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.
        Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2010.

I had a phone screen and was scheduled for a face to face interview with 2 hiring managers within 2 weeks of the phone screen. The hiring manager stated the company was looking to fill the position within a 4 week time period, but after 2 failed attempts to check on my status, I never got word if I was moving forward a month after the interview. Finally, I did receive an email at the end of March stating I was not selected to move forward. However, around mid-April I received a phone call from the hiring manager to come back for a second interview. The second interview last about 30 minutes and again I was told I would be contacted in the next few weeks, to which I never was.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with colleague? What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2010.

Phone interview: basic backgound informations: education, work history.

Interview Questions
    • Give en example of a time you had to persuasive someone to do something?   Answer Question

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!