AstraZeneca

Updated Oct 9, 2014

3.2

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

The first part was an initial interview with a recruiter over the phone. Usually lasts nearly 30 minutes. Afterwards got an email for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Still waiting for a call back after the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to make a presentation?
    Why do you want to work in this industry?
    Greatest strengths?
    Greatest weaknesses?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Neat and organized interview process. Had my first phone interview which I passed. My next interview is a one on one interview with the DM. Hope all goes well.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

PDI contract, after 1 yr, hired on at AZ. Rare, but if you really push to shine, do as much or more that the AZ reps do, you will be noticed, not treated as a contract team member. You have to work to earn it!

Interview Questions
    • Do not remember, but hired internally, so had demonstrated by abilities.Do remember it was STAR format   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, offered a salary package, take it or leave it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews than ride-a-long day with a rep. very typical process with final interview being a panel of managers. Did not interview with a regional manager but most do.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, must use STAR format...if you have examples of challenges and accomplishments ready you can fit them into most of the questions as examples   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

phone interview with third party recruiter, then sent link for assessment, application. then first face to face so far. 2 district sales managers at interview, make sure you bring your resume (multiple copies) sound like most of the procedure will continue through third party recruiter

Interview Questions
    • rest assured they will probably ask you about ethical dilemma, other questions straight forward, new idea, problem, changed somebody's mind, difficult doctor. Do not expound on answer, just strictly star format, very little opportunity to sell yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Referred by a friend. Interview process was conducted all in one day. 3 separate interviews with an offer that evening.

Interview Questions
    • I must admit I do not remember as it was so long ago. I guess there weren't any extremely difficult questions since I do not recall anything negative.   View Answer
    Made a generous offer and accepted. No real negotiation.

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Applied online. Received a request to set up phone interview a few days after applying. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was told I'd receive an email within a week or 2 to fill out an application and 2 personality tests if I was selected. 10 minutes later, i received both links. Face to face interview is scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing overly difficult in the phone interview. Just be honest regarding info in your resume and background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2008.

The initial hiring interview was conducted by two DSMs. They were enthusiastic, straightforward and represented the company well. I was happy to get an offer and accepted it over two others. The overall hiring process was very positive. They did not misrepresent anything, stated facts about the territory, and most of the interview questions were thought provoking and fair.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time that you were disappointed with your efforts to resolve a conflict between coworkers.   View Answer
    I was asking for a salary that was in a higher salary band than what they were able to offer. They said they would discuss their options with the RSM and let me know. That night I was offered my asking salary, contingent upon background check/drug screen etc. It took almost two weeks before I received the official offer letter, but it came and I accepted.

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I received my first call less than a week or two after I applied. I bypassed the voicemail and they called agin. I interviewed via phone for approximately 30 minutes and was sent to the next phase of the interview which included an online questionnaire. From the questionnaire, I was sent a link to commplete an online application. Now, it has been three days and I am waiting for a response. (FINGERS CROSSED)

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you want us to know about you that we don't already know?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Phone interview with someone whom I am assuming was a recruiter. Asked basic questions about resume but, would not answer any questions of mine. He said he could not answer any questions. Next was 2 personality assessments online. Then I had a face to face interview with the district manager and regional manager. Interview went very well. I had all the qualifications, answered all questions in STAR format, and had even sold a competitor product and had documented increased market share. They both said the interview went good and they liked my past experience. 3 days later I received a generated email stating I wasn't chosen to move forward. The email was dated the day of my interview. Very confusing, was my interview so bad they decided that day I wasn't moving on, or did they already have somebody chosen and just had to interview to look good. No personal email so you can't ask the hiring manager why.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an ethical issue you had with a team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question