AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

I had a 30 min phone interview

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone interview to make sure you can effectively communicate. Then a personality test. Then your in person interview. During this first interview they will ask you 4 questions, and really focus on the follow up questions to them. The second interview will be almost the exact same, but with a higher manager involved.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to influence someone on your team to do something they did not want to do at all.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Applied online. Received a request to set up phone interview a few days after applying. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was told I'd receive an email within a week or 2 to fill out an application and 2 personality tests if I was selected. 10 minutes later, i received both links. Face to face interview is scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing overly difficult in the phone interview. Just be honest regarding info in your resume and background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2013.

I applied for a position in Westfield, MA. About a week later, I got a phone interview in Feb 27th, 2013. Then, a week later, they asked me to fill out these two questionnaires online (about 20 min each). I did that. After, i was asked to fill out the rest of the online application form. Then, about a month later, April 8th, I was asked for an in-person interview. I went to the interview. In the beginning, they had me talk about my resume. Then, they asked me 4 questions in a STAR format. At the end, I asked them a list of questions that i had prepared with me and that was it. It's been about 3 weeks and I still haven't heard back. I'm assuming I haven't gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an ethical dilemma that you have encountered, how did you handle it and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Referred by a friend. Interview process was conducted all in one day. 3 separate interviews with an offer that evening.

Interview Questions
    • I must admit I do not remember as it was so long ago. I guess there weren't any extremely difficult questions since I do not recall anything negative.   View Answer
    Made a generous offer and accepted. No real negotiation.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Applied online. Was contacted 2 weeks later for a phone interview. That same day I was sent and completed 2 different personality assessments, 200 questions each. 5 weeks after that I had an in-person interview with 2 DSM's (one that was hiring for the specific job I was interviewing for, and the other was said to be a DSM in training who was learning the ropes of interviewing candidates). I sent a follow-up/thank-you e-mail. 3 weeks later I received an automated e-mail saying the position was closed.

Interview Questions
    • 3 strengths, 1 weakness, name an ethical dilemma you faced, talk about a time you gave a presentation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2008.

The initial hiring interview was conducted by two DSMs. They were enthusiastic, straightforward and represented the company well. I was happy to get an offer and accepted it over two others. The overall hiring process was very positive. They did not misrepresent anything, stated facts about the territory, and most of the interview questions were thought provoking and fair.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time that you were disappointed with your efforts to resolve a conflict between coworkers.   View Answer
    I was asking for a salary that was in a higher salary band than what they were able to offer. They said they would discuss their options with the RSM and let me know. That night I was offered my asking salary, contingent upon background check/drug screen etc. It took almost two weeks before I received the official offer letter, but it came and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2011.

STAR format as others have mentioned. Questions included ethical dilemma, time where you had to make a tough decision, time where you and a coworker did not get along.

Overall it was a decent experience. Was interviewed by two DMs. I don't think they were very professional by a couple of things that happened, but overall they were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you faced an ethical dilemma and there was no right or wrong way to handle it. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2010.

Phone interview: basic backgound informations: education, work history.

Interview Questions
    • Give en example of a time you had to persuasive someone to do something?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beirut (Lebanon)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beirut (Lebanon)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

3 interviews, sales manager, country manager, area manager
    presentation on the selected line
    test in selling skills
    personality tests

Interview Questions
    • a lot of business cases and fictive scenarios to analyze the decision making logic.   Answer Question
    it was solid predetermined salary package.