AstraZeneca

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

The interview process was truly superb. Everyone was friendly, accommodating, and very professional. I was invited out for dinner by the hiring manager and a couple of principal scientists the night before to break the ice and establish a little friendly rapport. The day of was a whirlwind, as are all day-long interviews. But everything was very well organized and the schedule had been provided to me well in advance. I interviewed with the HR rep, then a research associate, then her managing principal scientist, then I gave an hour-long presentation of my previous research, then lunch with some of the collaborating scientist outside of the hiring group. After lunch I interviewed with another principal scientist, then a current postdoc scientist, and finally with the hiring manager where most of the discussion involved the research project. Overall, it was a great experience. The scientists are brilliant and offered some great insight into my previous work. The campus is beautiful, the culture is friendly and innovative. I very much respect how they do business up there. To be honest, my only complaint is that I didn't get the job. =)

Interview Questions
  • What area of synthetic chemistry do you find that you have not explored, but that you would like to gain more experience in?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone interview- academic style, general chat about project.
    In person interview - 30 min presentation, technical interview, leadership capability interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

another job offer