AstraZeneca Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Took over a month, advances to F2F. Invited for ride along, got a rejection email a month later

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe a situation where you needed to do more then your fair share?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Successful phone screen. Passed the Hogan Assessment. Now onto the F2F next week. So far all has been very organized professional process.

Interview Questions
    • Have only done personality assessment perhaps twice in my working career. Never upon applying for position.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interviewed first with someone over the phone , passed that interview ..Took an online assessment which I passed, then interviewed face to face two weeks later with hiring managers.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2013.

Applied online to two of the same position in different locations. Sent a rejection email for position 1 and less than five minutes later was sent an interview request for position 2; same resume and everything was submitted for both openings. AZ gave a whopping 24 hours heads-up for completing the phone interview, which I found highly unprofessional and rigid.

Recruiter from The Right Stuff conducted the interview - very nice guy, we hit it off. He asked basic questions about my resume, why I wanted the job, and what skills I have for it. When chatting at the end of the interview, he critiqued my answers and told me what to emphasize in the next round with the hiring manager. Seemed like a good sign.

Then came the online personality assessment. It's very close to the typical Myers-Briggs assessment, and I knew this going into it. I also knew that I always land solidly in the ENTJ type and didn't anticipate this being a negative at all for an outside sales role. I was wrong. A few weeks later I learned I didn't pass the assessment (but I did pass it for Lilly, go figure) and was not continuing in the process. I'm told the system "clears" after a while and new applications you submit will go through, but I have no idea what the timeline of this is.

My advice: If you make it to the assessment stage - most people don't since only 6% of submitted resumes make it through initial screening - and are ENTJ, try to cover this up on the test. You are not what AZ wants. They're a European company and are probably looking for more passive traits than those an ENTJ typically has. Whether you want to work in a sales environment that doesn't value an assertive, goal-oriented, and outgoing personality type - all rather important things in being an effective salesperson - is another story.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing especially difficult. Be prepared to produce a specific example of when you've given a presentation and what the result was in STAR format.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

phone interview, assessment, one-on-one interview

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to get your name out in the business field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca in August 2011.

met panel at hotel in staten island .. asked a variety of question in s t a r format. Be prepared for this because this is very difficult. Its situation task answer resolution.

Interview Questions
    • difficukt task you had to overcome and was was resolution   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca in August 2011.

The human resources person called me and asked me some generic questions. (What are 3 of your strengths? What do you see as your greatest accomplishment? What is your salary expectation?) I was then sent the online pre assessment which consisted of personality questions. (Do you like fast cars? Are you life of the party? Do you think others find you attractive?)

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2011.

After a month had passed since I had applied, I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The interview went great and I was told that I had made it to the second round of the interview process. I never heard from them again, and although I tried numerous times to speak to someone who could give me a direct answer, I received the run around for about two months before seeing that the position was gone.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time when you were faced with adversity and overcame it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in this industry?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2010.

the interview process is very detailed, have to have a degree, and enough sales experience to come across in a very positive light, overall it was a very pleasent experience it just wasn't what I was looking for

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2010.

The first phone interview was a basic screening call, then there was another where you had to go into more detail and answer some pretty basic questions about your interests/experience. Then, there were two in-person interviews. I met 5 people total -- all really nice, interesting, and the interviews were behavioral/star format. It was all pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to work to express your opinion and people were resistant to your ideas? Who was the hardest to convince? What strategy did you use to convince them?   Answer Question

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!