AstraZeneca Scientist Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

I applied to the Scientist- DMPK position on the AstraZeneca Careers website. I was contacted by the hiring manager via email a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the questions were mostly geared toward my experiences as well as a discussion of the position. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I was contacted again about a week later to set up the interview. The interview was about 6 hours long and consisted of lunch and a presentation given by me on my research (non-proprietary information only) - I was asked to prepare a brief 10-15 presentation during my phone interview. I had been interviewing for two other positions and informed the hiring manager of the situation. I ended up receiving offers from the other two positions and informed the hiring manager immediately. I received an offer for the position at AstraZeneca the Tuesday following my interview (which was a Wednesday).

Interview Questions
  • Paraphrased- Was there ever a situation where you encountered a colleague that was doing something that potentially impacted the outcome of results. How did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AstraZeneca

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loughborough, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loughborough, England (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in July 2010.

Generally a 2 stage interview. For this type of position the interview will be largely technically based. If the job states experience you will need to fully technically conversant in relation to the job you are applying for. Usually one team leader will interview for around an hour. They will show you round. Good to ask questions (intelligent ones). Friendly but professional approach. Usually AZ people are very personable but very capable. Depends on site but it could be like 'ikea' with nice grounds and all the mod cons. Good feel.
    Second interview will be more of a grilling. Probably 3 separate interviews, mainly technical. They will give you scenarios - so be clued up on the company and what they specifically do at that site in that job role. Also a presentation will be required to a reasonable number of people. They will have specified what it's on (or choice) beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to develop an analytical method for a drug compound with 3 different pKa's?   View Answer
    They offered a generous package, 60% more than my previous job so it was a no brainer.

Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2010.

It is fairly quick and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!