Asurion

Relevance Date Difficulty

HRIS Analyst Interview

HRIS Analyst
Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Asurion.

Interview Details – The HR Manager was nice, informative and hoping to ensure that the next hire possessed both technical and personal skills. The interview seemed to go well.

The next person to call me was the IT Director. He was a jerk from the moment I answered the phone. Despite my efforts to maintain my professionalism he berated me and attempted to insinuate that I did not know what I was talking about. When I gave him an example of a sql query, as he had requested, (one that I had written, that had worked and was in fact still in use at my prior employer) he dismissed it as ridiculous and asked me the same question again.

From a more remote standpoint it seemed that he was at least sexist but possible also had either a grudge against the HR Department and/or had his own person in mind and would not pass anyone else. This is a questionable company to begin with in my mind due to their org structure and known past actions but I did not expect this low level of professionalism and insulting behavior.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a SQL Query.   Answer Question

Worked for Asurion? Contribute to the Community!