Asurion Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Asurion in July 2015.

Interview

What a complete waste of my time!! I was contacted by an external recruiter who later submitted my information. The recruiter called me back and told me they wanted to set up a phone interview. Moving onto the designated interview time, Asurion never called me. I called the recruiter and told her that the person who was supposed to call me never did. The call was then rescheduled to a later date. On the second chance, the call was 5 minutes late. No apology for calling late AND no apology for neglecting the call the first time. The call lasted only ten minutes, where she asked about Scrum and Agile. Nothing in-depth. One of the questions I asked is if the client base was solely private or if it was a mix of private/public (this is Washington DC after all). The external recruiter called me back the next day and said I was rejected and the only feedback given was "Less government." Complete arrogance and ignorance, not to mention discriminatory. In case these idiots haven't heard, PM processes, whether it be Agile or Waterfall are completely transferable to the private sector. In addition, I do have PM experience managing projects for a non-profit (through my pro bono work).

Interview Questions

• Are you a Certified Scrum Master?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asurion (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

I first applied online. Received an email to schedule 1st interview. I passed that and then I was scheduled a 2nd interview with a supervisor. She was very nice and said that I will know something in a few days and that she was forwarding my info back to the recruiter.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Asurion (Sarasota, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received a call on a Friday going over general job duties (customer service, technical calls, upselling) and was scheduled for a phone interview the following Monday. They called about 10 minutes earlier than scheduled. The second interview lasted 23 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a wireless and wired connection and are there any benefits to a wired connection?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you helped an irate customer and what was the solution.   1 Answer
    • Explain a time when you were required to upsell and were unable to do so. And what did you do instead?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you were able to resolve a technical issue by yourself at home.   1 Answer
    • What did you do when you needed to call out of work unexpectedly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Skills assessment, automated recorded phone interview to assess for tone of voice, actual recorded phone interview with HR rep. They respond in approximately 48 business hours with an offer or decline by phone or email. If it's an offer then send the required documents to complete the hiring process within a week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in six months to a year?   1 Answer
    • What motivates or drives you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Took about a week. Applied online and next few days had a phone interview along with an assessment. After the interview which is short I was offered job. Passed background and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• 3 things from interview that you would say about yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asurion (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I thought the process was longer than the normal with the initial contact being the next day. however, after that there was a lot of paper work to print out, sign, (with no electronic signature accepted), finding a notary and wasting gas, then the drug screening the 2 day process, and finally the technical requirements scan. It's a great experience.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were basic according to the job.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

I applied for the job online, within a few days, I got an email to schedule a phone interview then after that I had to interview in person at the location. I dressed casually for the interview. Once at the location, I had to take a computer test which basically tests your knowledge of how to work around the desktop and open up the internet. After passing that, the same day, I had a face to face interview with the HR manager. Questions weren't hard at all and I was hired right there on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can you be available for training class beginning in July?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Asurion in May 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter. She told me she needed me to take an assessment that would test out my technical skills and personality. The first part was pretty tricky, but if you know the basics of technology, you should do fine. Read each question carefully. I passed that phase and was invited for an interview the following day. I was a little worried because the manager was like 30 minutes late for our meeting. I made small talk with her and smiled a lot to let her know I was friendly. Well it worked, and she passed me on to the corporate recruiter right after our meeting. She was super nice. She and I did role plays (I rocked it). I met the floor manager and did a role play with her as well. I got hired right after I left the building.

Interview Questions

• I am a customer and I can't make phone calls or send text messages. There is a little airplane at the top of my screen that I cannot get rid of.   1 Answer

Negotiation

14.50 per hour. .50 shift differential if you work after 5 p.m.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN).

Interview

LONG and with too many people, it took them 5 months to make me an offer. They had me interview with one group, figured out that some internal person was to be promoted then I had to start all over with another group. Then I had to go into that groups several times as well. The job was also not what I signed up for so at the end their long process was useless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, not flexible at all

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crestview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Asurion (Crestview, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I simply applied online and received a phone call within the week to schedule an interview at the local office.The interviewer was very nice and relaxed and the questions were very simple and direct. I got call later that evening letting me know that I have the job.