Asurion Some Sort of Phone Support Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Some Sort of Phone Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Asurion in May 2012.

Interview

On a Friday I was initially called and after a short, conversation I was asked if I would like to do I phone interview the following Monday. I accepted and set up a time-slot. Fast forward to 4 hours later, I get an email from Asurion telling me (exact paste, no salutation or anything): "Thank you for your interest. Asurion very much appreciates your interest in joining forces with us. After careful consideration of your qualifications, we have decided to pursue other candidates who more closely match our requirements at this time. We wish you the very best in putting your special powers to other rewarding pursuits and thank you again for exploring the opportunity to become part of the Asurion Force." So I say to myself, well... I guess they don't need me for the position, and scheduled other things for the following Monday morning. Apparently they called while I was away. Not very professional at all.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a social networking profile?   1 Answer

1) In the initial interview, they asked if I had any social networking accounts. I replied that I had a Facebook account. I was told to "remove privacy settings" prior to my phone interview. No. Asurion may not look at my Facebook account. I am an adult. I actually have nothing to hide on there, sorry.... However, had they their stuff together and followed through like a responsible company I would have told them "Yes i have one. you can see it there. you can also see it's only viewable by friends and those i deem fit therefore it's not a burden to you as a company" Frankly, Facebook profiles contain all sorts of information that it is illegal to base your hiring decisions on anyway. It's only a matter of time before somebody gets sued. 2) The Letter. Why did Asurion send me a bizarre letter telling me that they are not pursuing me as a candidate prior to my interview? Asurion never sent me a confirmation email for the interview, either. I had no idea what was going on, and it irks me to know that i may have missed out on an employment opportunity. However, if this is the way they run the hiring process, I'm not sure I would have wanted to work there anyway.