Atkins

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atkins.

Interview Details – They paid for my trip from europe to Epsom UK. The tests were difficult. Dont know how I passed them.

Interview Question – Written examination. Basic engineering problem solving.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didnt negotiate.

Interviewed at Atkins

Interview Details – Just one interview at an assessment day and a case study + group work. The interview was non-technical; stuff like 'what are your greatest achievements' etc

Interview Question – Explain the concept of the Reynolds number   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer from a different company.

Graduate Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Atkins.

Interview Details – through campus placement - one technical written round with a bit of civil engg coursework and aptitude, group activity round to test your participation and leadership, HR round

Negotiation Details – none. fixed package for campus recruits

Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Atkins in August 2012.

Interview Details – there were 3 in the interview panel, one asked me questions related to my life and my achievements till then and how could i draw the parallels between my life and the job offered and the possible solutions to the problems encountered in the industry with my life experience.
The second interviewer asked questions related to my project work whereas the third one asked me basic questions related to communication and signalling.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was that they gave me a situation relevant to the job offered and asked me to provide a viable solution using my life experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atkins.

Interview Details – The process consists of a psychometric online test (English & Math) not very hard but time is a constraint. Upon passing the test , a personality interview with HR occurs where questions about leadership, communication skills, analytical skills...etc are asked. If the first interview is passed , a final technical interview with the project manager or project director is held .

Interview Question – No question was particularly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Epsom, England (UK)

I interviewed at Atkins in November 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online -> Online tests -> Hiring Manager -> Telephone interview-> Assessment centre

Interview Question – Tell me a situation that are you proud of.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Atkins in June 2011.

Interview Details – IQ Test, followed by Technical paper subjective in nature, with questions on strength of materials. Then assessed on the basis of answers of the questions.Reasons and explanation, understandinng of subject asked for clearly.

Interview Questions

• Whether a hollow sphere or solid sphere reaches the ground rolling faster on an inclined plane.   View Answer
  • What is radius of gyration   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations made

Interviews for Top Jobs at Atkins

Worked for Atkins? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atkins Graduate Engineer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Atkins employees and interview candidates.