Atkins

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Atkins in January 2015.

I have applied through their career website, answering to several background, attitude and motivation questions.
After a week, I have been sent a link to complete an online assessment, both numerical and text comprehension. The test lasts about an hour and it requires cold thinking, given the time pressure. Its result has been sent to me within one day and, being positive, my application moved forward.
After some other two months, I got a phone call from the graduate office to arrange a first skype interview. This one has been very relaxed and merely about their and mine expectations, as well as on my academic/professional background and on the features of the graduate programme.
Eventually, after a positive answer to the skype interview, I have been invited to the Epsom HQ and I have had the "short version" of their standard assessment interview: after a small talk, I was given some technical problems to solve (most of them where very basic, while some other structural problems were a little tricky) in 45 minutes, then I had to discuss my answers (both wrong and correct) with two examiner and, eventually, I had to write a letter of expropriation as if i were the project manager. They let me know the result of this last interview in one week and promptly made their offer.

Interview Questions
  • I would pay much attention to the first two steps of the recruitment process: take your time to answer to the motivation and background questions and take some example tests before trying the online assessment.
    For the tech interview, just read again the basics of civil engineering, study a little bit of structure analysis and, obviously, be well prepared in your area of expertise.

Answer Question
I negotiated the starting day for the contract, as i was pleased with the rest of their offer

Other Interview Reviews for Atkins

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Atkins in February 2014.

Went through a lengthy multiple stage application process including an online questionnaire, telephone interview and an assessment centre which lasted the whole day.

The questionnaire and telephone interview were relatively simple, but the assessment centre was really challenging. It lasted for most of the day and consisted of mainly critical analysis activities and interviews, which I found very draining. I don't know why some companies go through this complicated process while other equally big companies prefer a one-off interview for your application.

Interview Questions
    • Two separate exercises about the economic development of an island tourist resort and a district of London.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Atkins.

They paid for my trip from europe to Epsom UK. The tests were difficult. Dont know how I passed them.

Interview Questions
    • Written examination. Basic engineering problem solving.   Answer Question
    Didnt negotiate.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Just one interview at an assessment day and a case study + group work. The interview was non-technical; stuff like 'what are your greatest achievements' etc

Interview Questions

Had a better offer from a different company.

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atkins.

through campus placement - one technical written round with a bit of civil engg coursework and aptitude, group activity round to test your participation and leadership, HR round

none. fixed package for campus recruits

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Atkins.

The process consists of a psychometric online test (English & Math) not very hard but time is a constraint. Upon passing the test , a personality interview with HR occurs where questions about leadership, communication skills, analytical skills...etc are asked. If the first interview is passed , a final technical interview with the project manager or project director is held .

Didn't negotiate

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epsom, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epsom, England (UK)

interviewed at Atkins in November 2012.

Apply online -> Online tests -> Hiring Manager -> Telephone interview-> Assessment centre

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atkins in August 2012.

there were 3 in the interview panel, one asked me questions related to my life and my achievements till then and how could i draw the parallels between my life and the job offered and the possible solutions to the problems encountered in the industry with my life experience.
    The second interviewer asked questions related to my project work whereas the third one asked me basic questions related to communication and signalling.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was that they gave me a situation relevant to the job offered and asked me to provide a viable solution using my life experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atkins in June 2011.

IQ Test, followed by Technical paper subjective in nature, with questions on strength of materials. Then assessed on the basis of answers of the questions.Reasons and explanation, understandinng of subject asked for clearly.

Interview Questions
    • Whether a hollow sphere or solid sphere reaches the ground rolling faster on an inclined plane.   View Answer
    • What is radius of gyration   Answer Question
    No Negotiations made