Atkinson-Baker

Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.7

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Atkinson-Baker in July 2014.

I applied to the job position that was posted on Craigslist. I emailed and submitted the application online separately as well. A week later I received an email asking for me to come in for an interview. The person on the phone was very friendly, so I was surprised to find all the negative comments on here. Then I actually walked inside the office and realized why. The front desk attendants did not look very inviting, and everyone else I encountered walking to the cubicle all sort of looked like they had the life sucked out of them (except for the person interviewing me, she/he was very friendly). I was seated. Given three sheets of paper. One was me agreeing to follow the scientologist way the company was structured, (though claiming they were run on religious toleration), the second sheet was a form that I was supposed to handwrite into a business letter on the third empty sheet of paper. I found it difficult to concentrate while filling out these forms because the people in cubicles around me were ironically having a conversation about leaving, apparently one found another job in Malibu. After that was done, the interviewer came back and asked me to take a typing test. I finished quickly, then went back into the office to be interviewed. Upon being seated I was handed another sheet of paper testing my IQ. I found this ridiculous, and it really stirred me away from the company. The interviewer then discussed the open positions available, asked which I preferred. Then told me that they would follow up by the end of the week or beginning of following week. They haven't followed up.

Calendar Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Atkinson-Baker.

Interview consisted of writing a formal business letter, two 1-on-1 interviews, typing test, and IQ test all in one day.

Interview Questions
    • This company practices the business principles of L. Ron Hubbard. Are you okay with that?   View Answer
    During 2nd interview, I was told I couldn't negotiate the starting pay.

Production Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Atkinson-Baker in May 2011.

Standard Typing test and Multiple choice with a few Logic question to test your capabilities. They will ask you for your past experience (not that really matters since they prefer new high school graduates).

Take or Leave it.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atkinson-Baker in June 2010.

Professional and nice office. The process is very detail and organize.There's an IQ test, skills test, typing test and the most fun part is they would ask you to write a formal business letter and lastly a 1:1 interview.
    You need to be good in grammar and spelling.

General Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atkinson-Baker in January 2009.

I had a phone interview then went in and had 3 interviews on the first day. As well as a basic skills test and personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if I was offered a job would I be willing to sign something stating that I will learn scientology principles which they run their company on.   Answer Question
    There was none. They offered and i either accepted or not. They would not budge on salary!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Atkinson-Baker in August 2008.

It was first over the phone, then in person by HR, then in person by a senior executive.

There was no negotiating