Atlanta-Fulton Public Library

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Volunteer Service Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Atlanta-Fulton Public Library.

Interview Details – The interview questions were very broad and general.

Library Assistant Interview

Library Assistant
Hapeville, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlanta-Fulton Public Library.

Interview Details – i interviewed and was hired

Interview Question – i had no difficult questions   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

International Falls, MN

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Atlanta-Fulton Public Library in March 2009.

Interview Details – How do you deal with conflict?

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflict?   View Answer

Library Assistant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Atlanta-Fulton Public Library in June 2010.

Interview Details – I came in to the Headquarters library about an hour before the interview. I went to the third (fourth?) floor, and sat in line (there were no one else behind me) while the panel finished with the other candidate. When I was called in, I had to answer questions like "why do you want to work in a library?" and "describe your work experience" and "what would you do if a patron returned a book that she felt was too inappropriate for her child, was angry, and wanted answers as to why her child was allowed to check out the book?"

I don't think my answers were very good. I was very shy and stiff, and I think my inexperience with customer service showed. Needless to say, about three months later, I got the letter in the mail that I did not get the job. Those who are more sociable and with more experience should have better luck than I did.

Interview Questions

• Describe the biggest problem you had to resolve as the leader of a group.   Answer Question
  • How would you deal with an angry patron whose child checked out a book she or he did not think was appropriate for her or his child?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Atlanta-Fulton Public Library? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atlanta-Fulton Public Library interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Atlanta-Fulton Public Library employees and interview candidates.