Atlanta-Fulton Public Library Library Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hapeville, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hapeville, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlanta-Fulton Public Library.

i interviewed and was hired

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Atlanta-Fulton Public Library

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Atlanta-Fulton Public Library in June 2010.

I came in to the Headquarters library about an hour before the interview. I went to the third (fourth?) floor, and sat in line (there were no one else behind me) while the panel finished with the other candidate. When I was called in, I had to answer questions like "why do you want to work in a library?" and "describe your work experience" and "what would you do if a patron returned a book that she felt was too inappropriate for her child, was angry, and wanted answers as to why her child was allowed to check out the book?"

I don't think my answers were very good. I was very shy and stiff, and I think my inexperience with customer service showed. Needless to say, about three months later, I got the letter in the mail that I did not get the job. Those who are more sociable and with more experience should have better luck than I did.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the biggest problem you had to resolve as the leader of a group.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an angry patron whose child checked out a book she or he did not think was appropriate for her or his child?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Atlanta-Fulton Public Library

Worked for Atlanta-Fulton Public Library? Contribute to the Community!