Atlanta Public Schools

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior SIS Programmer Interview

Senior SIS Programmer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools in October 2011.

Interview Details – It look 4 months to get an interview after applying online. Did one interview with 4 people.

Interview Question – It was a very easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Public salary no negotiations

Math Teacher Interview

Math Teacher
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools.

Interview Details – I came in through an alternative teacher prep program run by the district. This program no longer exists in the district. It was a rigorous summer training program where we observed and taught summer school for six weeks. We were also in classroom sessions learning content and classroom management skills. We then still had to get certified through GSU.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You enter on step 1 as a first year teacher.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Purchasing Manager
Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools in December 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR for initial phone interview.
Contacted by HR to take online test.
Passed test, face to face interview scheduled in mid-December
Was told not much would happen until after the holidays
Contacted company for update in mid-January -
notified of "impressive background" but would not be moving forward

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools in March 2010.

Interview Details – it took a while for me to interview

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist
Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools in March 2010.

Interview Details – My initial interview consisted of a phone interview. One week later, I was invited to a Panel Interview. The hiring manager was 20 minutes late. The first part of the interview was a behavioral interview and the second part consisted of questions regarding the history of APS, their track record, and the name of the Superintendent.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to work with an extremely difficult customer. What was the action you took and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Paraprofessional Interview

Paraprofessional

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools in January 2011.

Interview Details – Online application, call from principal's secretary, interview with assistant principal, offered job that day.

Interview Question – What's the last book you read and how does it relate to this job?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools in June 2010.

Interview Details – applied on line and called then was interviewed....

Interview Questions

Teacher Interview

Teacher

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools in April 2008.

Interview Details – Showed port folio of lesson plans, filed application with human resources

Interview Question – What are the extra curricular acctivities you could contribute?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Payscale, no negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Atlanta Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atlanta Public Schools interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Atlanta Public Schools employees and interview candidates.