Atlantic Consulting

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Atlantic Consulting in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through CareerBuilder and they called me the very next day to set up an interview with me. Once I was there, they asked about my involvement in sports, leadership experience, when I could work, and what my strengths and weaknesses are. They then had me come back for a second interview (a job shadow) which took much longer than expected and was nothing like they made it seem. I felt a little let down by how indirect they were with me in exactly what the job entails and what work is expected. They then had me complete my final interview with them right after I completed my second "interview" and told me how things would continue forward. I received the call for the job offer about three to four days after my process was finished.

Interview Question – How do you deal with unhappy customers and clients or conflicts in general?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was upset with the way that they did not let me know what I was going to be doing exactly on the job shadow part of the interview process. It was something that I definitely did not see myself doing and if I was told what it was prior to the shadow I would not have accepted it. They made the job out to be something that it is not.

Sales Consultant Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Atlantic Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call for the entry level sales consultant position that I applied for through career builder. I came in for an interview the next day which consisted of about a two hour interview with one of the sales managers. The interview consisted of behavioral based questions as well as a further in depth explanation of the position and job duties. The manager I met with seemed honest and successful and I loved the Lincoln Park location!

Interview Question – Behavioral based questions with certain scenarios   Answer Question

Entry Level Account Executive Interview

Chicago, IL

I interviewed at Atlantic Consulting in September 2012.

Interview Details – I recieved a call from Atlantic Consulting asking if I was stil looking for a full-time job. I told them yes and they set up an interview for the next morning saying that I had to come in within the next 2 days because the position was in high demand and they needed to fill it soon. After visiting their website to see who they were (since I applied to quite a number of positions) I was very confused by what the company actually does. The website features more options for people looking for a 'career' rather than being a website for consulting and services to others. I searched for the company using google and the first suggested search popped up 'Atlantic Consulting SCAM' and upon reading the other reviews on glassdoor about this "company" I can confirm that it's definitely a scam and a waste of your time. I ended up not going to the interview the next morning, JUST to see what they would say. Any normal company that has SO many applications for such a highly-desirable job wouldn't have even given the time of day trying to contact someone that missed an interview- they'd automatically be dropped from consideration. INSTEAD- this is what I recieved from them:
"According to our records, you were scheduled for an interview on September 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM. While in the future we would appreciate a courtesy notice of cancellation, this does not bar your application. In the event that you would like to reschedule your interview, please contact my office directly, our number is listed below. Due to the high volume of qualified applicants, our interview times are somewhat limited- a timely response would be much appreciated. Thank you again for your interest in Atlantic Consulting, I look forward to meeting you in person."
Not normal at all, total waste of time and screams scam. Stay clear!

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, they wanted to sell themselves to you rather than a normal interview where you are trying to sell yourself to be considered for the position   Answer Question

Entry Level Account Executive Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Atlantic Consulting in May 2012.

Interview Details – Got called about the interview. Scheduled a preliminary interview consisting of basic questions like "what's your greatest strengths and weaknesses". That sort of thing. Got called back for a second interview, which consisted of shadowing one of their salespeople. This led to the third interview immediately following.

Reason for Declining – It seemed like a scam.
The whole process was too easy. I fumbled the basic interviews, yet they still offered me a position within two hours. They use tactics like claiming the positions "are filling up quickly" all the time. Yet the other review here on Glassdoor was from April, which seems strange as if it were the case that it were as competitive as they claim, it probably would have been filled by now. During the interview they said that they only hire for this entry level position and then promote up from there, which is strange considering the multiple positions they list. It is also strange that, while they claim the positions are competitive, they seem to be pretty indiscriminate about the backgrounds from which they hire.
The set up seemed like a pyramid scheme, with just a two week training period and 12 months on pure commission. Advancement was tied to "training" new hires.
 On the sales calls, no one actually answered and we didn't actually meet any clients. They were not upfront about what the position actually consisted of. They advertise using catchy buzzwords and purport to be expanding at an astonishing rate, yet I have never heard of them. They claim to offer many opportunities for advancement, yet when I asked the person in my final interview, his response was that those who make it to management level go on to open their own branches. They say that the Chicago branch itself is an expansion, yet the only reference I can find for it is in Chicago. When they offered me the job and asked for me to come in to fill out paperwork, I told them that I didn't have my passport or birth certificate with me. They were surprisingly fine with that. All in all, it seemed like an overly involved process for a position that was basically door-to-door sales.

Account Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Atlantic Consulting in April 2012.

Interview Details – I received the initial call from a representative of Atlantic Consulting, INC asking me about my post college graduation interests, as well as telling me a little more about the company itself.
I scheduled a 1:1 interview with what I'm assuming was their HR representative.
Once I arrived I was told that there is a 2 part interview process, and that the first (and one I was currently in) was a light interview for them to decide if they wanted to extend an invitation to the second part.
The questions were fairly straight forward (What would you say are your strongest qualities? Weakest? Are you competitive? Do you see yourself succeeding at sales?).

It was pretty normal, and I got offered the second interview. However I chose to decline.

Reason for Declining – I could barely find any information about the company online.
This, and alongside a 100% commissions based pay w/ no supplemental income just rubbed me the wrong way.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Atlantic Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atlantic Consulting interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Atlantic Consulting employees and interview candidates.