Atlantic Express

Very Easy Interview

School Bus Driver Interview

School Bus Driver
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Atlantic Express in April 2014.

Interview Details – Well I saw the ad on career builder and I gave them a call. Was told to come in with an H6 and to show up at 1pm that Tuesday. I went and met with the safety supervisor and I was asked about prior employment and why I felt I was a good fit. Anyways I had my Class B permit with airbrakes and all I had to do was get an S endorsement put on which is just a matter of showing up to any DMV and asking for it. Anyway they tell u to show up Monday for class because for new applicants you have to have 20 hrs classroom time and 20 behind the wheel time. In class you have to get your finger prints taken about 3 or 4 times, take a physical, meet with the chp officer in your area, and once that clears and class room time is done you move into behind the wheel. They pay for everything by the way which is cool and they still pay you every 2 weeks while training (320 twice for a 640 total.) Having the commercial permit kills a lot of time and the instructors are really knowledgeable of their stuff..its a cool place to be.

Interview Question – Not really anything difficult. Pretty Straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just the minimum wage training and whatever the union makes them pay you... The more you work, the more you get paid.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

School Bus Driver Interview

School Bus Driver
South Farmingdale, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Atlantic Express in March 2010.

Interview Details – Called in for an interview with the safety director... I was asked for my license so they could make a copy of it, at this time I was given an application to fill out and many consent forms to sign (drug test, background, check, DMV releases from past employees) while I was doing the paper work the safety director ran my ID through the computer for my drivers abstract. I finished my paper work and was told it would be a few before my drivers abstract came back. When it came back (clean) the safety director came out and explained the job and company to me.

I was then brought in to the location managers office for an interview. At one point he called the the safety director in, and one of the dispatchers popped in. Towards the end I was offered the job, with the condition of passing the drug test and road test from one of the trainers. I was told to come back on Monday to meet with a trainer. He gave me the directions for route I'd be driving and told me to do it. As long as you can drive a bus you're good, but remember he is a trainer do it as you were taught. lol

Anyone who is out of work, they TEACH you how to drive a bus, get you your CDL and even pay you minimum wage while you are learning! If you are out of work, why would you not do this? Sure minimum wage sucks, but how many places teach you job skill that others pay driving schools for and $pay$ you to learn? The only catch is you have to stay a year. It's not a bad place to work, pays more than most bus driving jobs in Long Island & even NYC...

Interview Question – Average questions, to get a feel of who you are and you're experience...   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Atlantic Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atlantic Express interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Atlantic Express employees and interview candidates.