Atlantic Express

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Farmingdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Farmingdale, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Atlantic Express in March 2010.

Called in for an interview with the safety director... I was asked for my license so they could make a copy of it, at this time I was given an application to fill out and many consent forms to sign (drug test, background, check, DMV releases from past employees) while I was doing the paper work the safety director ran my ID through the computer for my drivers abstract. I finished my paper work and was told it would be a few before my drivers abstract came back. When it came back (clean) the safety director came out and explained the job and company to me.

I was then brought in to the location managers office for an interview. At one point he called the the safety director in, and one of the dispatchers popped in. Towards the end I was offered the job, with the condition of passing the drug test and road test from one of the trainers. I was told to come back on Monday to meet with a trainer. He gave me the directions for route I'd be driving and told me to do it. As long as you can drive a bus you're good, but remember he is a trainer do it as you were taught. lol

Anyone who is out of work, they TEACH you how to drive a bus, get you your CDL and even pay you minimum wage while you are learning! If you are out of work, why would you not do this? Sure minimum wage sucks, but how many places teach you job skill that others pay driving schools for and $pay$ you to learn? The only catch is you have to stay a year. It's not a bad place to work, pays more than most bus driving jobs in Long Island & even NYC...

Interview Questions
    • Average questions, to get a feel of who you are and you're experience...   Answer Question