Atlantic Records

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Coordinator Interview

Intern Coordinator

Interviewed at Atlantic Records

Interview Details – I applied via my school's website, and got a phone call a few days later. The phone interview was very basic, just a few simple questions about myself and my interests. I was given an interview in NYC the next week, where I met with two interns. They asked me general HR questions and then passed me along to their boss. It was mostly just a conversation

Interview Question – Why did you pick HR?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Publicity Intern Interview

Publicity Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Atlantic Records.

Interview Details – Applied, heard back right away. Interview was very laid back, didn't know how it went, but then was accepted.

Digital Marketing Intern Interview

Digital Marketing Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlantic Records in August 2011.

Interview Details – They were looking for fall interns and I faxed and emailed my resume and cover letter to the HR office. There's an initial phone screening, and then if they still like you, there's an in-person interview. I was offered the position within 2 weeks, but didn't start working until 2 weeks after that. Also, I was interviewed 1:1 but only because my interview time couldn't fit in with the others' schedules. So technically I should have been interviewed by more than one person.

Interview Question – Just your standard interview questions like tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, what kind of music do you like, etc. They asked some basic info about the company in general as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Only subway travel stipend at the end of the internship.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Atlantic Records.

Interview Details – Finding open positions at the company was nearly impossible until I stumbled upon their hiring website (which is unadvertised and almost hidden, I assume because of the amount of applications they receive). The questionnaire was quite detailed and took between a half hour to an hour to complete. After that I had two phone interviews and was notified within about two weeks of my last interview.

Interview Question – The questions were actually quite simple. There was nothing out of the ordinary and every question was specific to either my history, or why I was interested in the company (more specifically that department).   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Web Designer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Atlantic Records.

Interview Details – Was called after the month after I applied, called into an interview with creative director. Was called back for a second interview a week later meet other designers. Was offered the job and started a month later.

Interview Question – Both interviews were very casual and comfortable. I think they were looking for an overall vibe rather than just specific answers to questions.   Answer Question

Finance Assistant Interview

Finance Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Atlantic Records.

Interview Details – I was lucky enough to have a connection in the company that passed my resume along for me - I don't think I would have been invited for an interview without that. Once inside every single person I met was warm and friendly. I interviewed with two different people, both very eager to get to know me and talk me through the position. All in all they kept me for over an hour. The interview were fairly casual and evolved into seemingly friendly conversations about the music business at large.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself / What do you want to accomplish in the next five years?   View Answer

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlantic Records.

Interview Details – You need to be an intern to have a shot to work here. Even then, maybe 1/200 will be picked to work full time if the timing is right. If you get an interview, it really hinges on whether or not the people in the department you're interviewing for like you...they churn through thousands of applicants, so make an impression.

Interview Question – Do you know what you're getting yourself into?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-existant; they told me what I'd be taking.

College Representative Interview

College Representative
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Atlantic Records in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was recommended for the position, I emailed my resume in to the National College Coordinator. I was contacted in 2-3 days after sending in my info (i contact so face because I was highly recommended and she was expecting to hear from me). I had an phone interview that lasted about 20 mins. I was told right then and there I was hired. Lesson of my story... In this business its about who you know!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Atlantic Records   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Atlantic Records in October 2009.

Interview Details – First had interview with hiring manager. then had a second interview with hiring manager and another manager at the label. they really liked me and said it was between me and another candidate. weeks went by and they finally told me that the position was eliminated and no one was hired. that's the music biz for ya.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were being yelled at by a radio program director because the artist who you were supposed to bring to them at a certain time was running late?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Atlantic Records in May 2008.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview that asked about my interests and why I wanted the position. It was pretty straightforward and short. During that interview they asked if I could come in for an in-person interview, which took place the following week. That interview was with two supervisors and the interview was more like a conversation rather than a q&a. It was very pleasant and one of the best interview experiences I have had.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Atlantic Records? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atlantic Records interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Atlantic Records employees and interview candidates.