Atlantic Records Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

Interview

Straight forward, behavioral. Asked about interests in music and why Atlantic Records. They really try gauge if you'll fit in with the workplace more so than your qualifications. Many smart people working there, and many less-intelligent people as well.

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter through my university's career site. I had almost forgotten about this application until they called me asking to set up a phone interview. The current intern asked me a few questions about myself and the industry. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview. I traveled into the city (1.5 hours both ways) to meet with someone for 10 minutes. I waited in the lobby for 35 minutes before being seen, the woman I was supposed to meet with was "unable to see me because of a work emergency." I understand that things come up, so I met with someone else. She was very nice and the conversation went well. I followed up with an email thanking them. Never heard back from them. Not even an email to tell me I did not get the internship. Very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• What Atlantic Records artist do you listen to? Why HR? Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online for two positions at Warner Music Group and received a call from a very nice man to discuss which position would be best suited for my future career goals. After having the phone interview, I set up an in person interview with Atlantic records. The day of my interview I came off of the elevator and there was reggae music playing. I came to meet the receptionist and he had on a Kente cloth Dashiki on. I thought this was the coolest place to work. It was so relaxing and down to earth. I waited for less than 2 minutes and was greeted by my interviewer. She was very nice, laid back and very honest with me. This was the most comfortable interview I have ever had and I enjoyed every part of it. I learned a lot about the company and the position.

Intern Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied via my school's website, and got a phone call a few days later. The phone interview was very basic, just a few simple questions about myself and my interests. I was given an interview in NYC the next week, where I met with two interns. They asked me general HR questions and then passed me along to their boss. It was mostly just a conversation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview process was relatively casual. Received a call from someone in HR and did a brief 5 minute phone interview. They ask you the departments you would be interested in working for then forward on your resume to the coordinators in those departments. The coordinator then emailed me to set up an in-person interview at headquarters in New York.

They asked most basic interview questions, but it was much more conversational than interview like. The mood was very relaxed and the position was offered to me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• They obviously ask a lot about music so make sure you know what you are talking about.   Answer Question

Publicity Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied, heard back right away. Interview was very laid back, didn't know how it went, but then was accepted.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Atlantic Records.

Interview

Finding open positions at the company was nearly impossible until I stumbled upon their hiring website (which is unadvertised and almost hidden, I assume because of the amount of applications they receive). The questionnaire was quite detailed and took between a half hour to an hour to complete. After that I had two phone interviews and was notified within about two weeks of my last interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were actually quite simple. There was nothing out of the ordinary and every question was specific to either my history, or why I was interested in the company (more specifically that department).   Answer Question

Video Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Atlantic Records in May 2013.

Interview

I applied and was hired as an intern. Referred by friend. The hiring and interview process was very simple and comfortable. The interview was pleasant, no difficult questions. It is an internship, so it is a learning experience. There is nothing negative to say.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Internship - no salary - course credit

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called after the month after I applied, called into an interview with creative director. Was called back for a second interview a week later meet other designers. Was offered the job and started a month later.

Interview Questions

• Both interviews were very casual and comfortable. I think they were looking for an overall vibe rather than just specific answers to questions.   Answer Question

Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY).

Interview

I was lucky enough to have a connection in the company that passed my resume along for me - I don't think I would have been invited for an interview without that. Once inside every single person I met was warm and friendly. I interviewed with two different people, both very eager to get to know me and talk me through the position. All in all they kept me for over an hour. The interview were fairly casual and evolved into seemingly friendly conversations about the music business at large.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself / What do you want to accomplish in the next five years?   1 Answer