Atlas Copco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Rock Hill, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlas Copco in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. I had an invite to drive 3 hours to go interview... took it. No travel expenses covered. This was a Monday. Tuesday they called to ask if I could drive up another 3 hours to meet on Friday. It was pretty abrupt and not very considerate in retrospect. First interview took about 1 hour with 2 people. Second round took more like 3 hours and a plant tour. Met and interviewed the plant manager on the second round.

Interview Question – What are you afraid of?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate pay but did move on the vacation time.

Mechanical Designer Interview

Mechanical Designer
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Atlas Copco.

Interview Details – i found the listing through a major engineering staffing company, they submitted my resume, i was contacted for a phone interview. then set up the next day for an in person interview with their lead engineer.

Interview Question – i don't recall any questions being very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they actually offered me more than i asked for. so there wasn't a need for negotiations

Manager, Special Project Interview

Manager, Special Project

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Atlas Copco in October 2013.

Interview Details – I made a connection through someone I traveled with and was alerted to a post, for which I then applied. I was not contacted about the application and after a month of waiting around...I made some calls and connections through others I know...and managed to find out that they were in no hurry to hire....and a few weeks later, got a call to come in for an interview...it was unexpected after waiting so long. I did not get any feedback after the in-person interview -- had phone interview, then in person ... then nothing ...and a month after all this they still have not hired anyone and have posted the same job yet again which has been open since...summer. So, in short, I do not believe they are really wanting to hire anyone. Or it's possible that I am too old and they didn't figure it out until I walked in the door. Who knows. But my opinion if it counts is nothing better than "negative" in terms of their professionalism and feedback.

Interview Question – no difficult questions....your typical...are you organized...and how do you stay organized. I do feel some companies pump you for information about how they can better do their job -- and have no intention to hire anyone. I was asked some questions about specific things that the manager should have known how to do and it really made me wonder if I was just invited in to give him tips or if he was interested in knowing what I really would do...Who knows....left a bad taste in my mouth.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Controls Engineer Interview

Controls Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlas Copco in October 2012.

Interview Details – First there is an in-person interview with the Engineering Manager or one or two of the senior controls engineers. To impress the controls engineers, have a background that shows you are competent with Controls Engineering in general and have an interest in the product. If you are selected, HR will contact you. The HR manager is fierce but if you stand your ground, you can get a negotiation out of her.

Interview Question – You won't be "tested" during your interview. However, it will help if you have a background using Allen-Bradley products and can CAD your own electrical drawings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a battle ground but I was able to negotiate a 10 percent sign-on bonus and 10% increase from the base salary.

Human Resource Generalist Interview

Human Resource Generalist
Fremont, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Atlas Copco in December 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager and management team

Negotiation Details – Real - pay for performance

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Garland, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Atlas Copco in January 2008.

Interview Details – good interview one on one. questions were the standard. People were nice. did not take to long to finish the interview. it was nice that they made their decision quickly, that was a plus. I really though that they did a good job making me confortable during the interview.

Interview Question – there was no difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Atlas Copco in September 2010.

Interview Details – GD, Business Game, PI

Interview Question – Why we should hire you??   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Please be clear about what salary the company offers before joining

Logistics Developer Interview

Logistics Developer
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Atlas Copco in March 2014.

Interview Details – Step 1: A first interview with HR and the department manager, a competence based interview where I had to exemplify my experiences and what I have learned, how I handled that situation etc. "Story based". Approx. 1 hour
Step 2: Testing via SHL direct, verbal, numerical, and inductive reasoning - it was very valuable to do the practice tests before the real test. Keep in mind the time!
A feedback session with HR was included, very good feedback on the results and tips for improvement.
Step 3: Grand parent interview with the boss's boss, very tough interview with some of the normal interview questions but testing your capability to reason and argue under stress. The interview was much more focused on personal qualities rather than actual competence. The strengths and weaknesses question was turned around to " How would your friends describe you?" and "What do they have to put up with?". Took approx 2 hours, very difficult to prepare for.

Interview Question – Very unexpected - What is EOQ and what is its formula? (during the grandparent interview)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Wilrijk (Belgium)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Atlas Copco in March 2013.

Interview Details – I got the interview through my university. The interview consisted of questions about my motivation for the internship and my technical skills. All around a pleasant experience. I was quickly contacted that I got the internship and further communication was excellent. Further details concerning work schedule and compensation were quickly given.

Interview Question – A detailed question on the functioning of screw compressors.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Atlas Copco in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was headhunted through an indipendant recruitment agency. After they advised of the vacancy I was interviewed by the Regional general Manager for Southern Africa. I went through two interviews before being offered the position.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for this company and also what is your long term goal.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short, the GM at that time was a real "number guy". I wanted to work for them anyway so just a small increase in my current package was enough to bring me across.

Worked for Atlas Copco? Contribute to the Community!