Atlas Copco

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Designer Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Atlas Copco.

Interview Details – i found the listing through a major engineering staffing company, they submitted my resume, i was contacted for a phone interview. then set up the next day for an in person interview with their lead engineer.

Interview Question – i don't recall any questions being very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they actually offered me more than i asked for. so there wasn't a need for negotiations

Manager, Special Project Interview

Manager, Special Project

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Atlas Copco in October 2013.

Interview Details – I made a connection through someone I traveled with and was alerted to a post, for which I then applied. I was not contacted about the application and after a month of waiting around...I made some calls and connections through others I know...and managed to find out that they were in no hurry to hire....and a few weeks later, got a call to come in for an interview...it was unexpected after waiting so long. I did not get any feedback after the in-person interview -- had phone interview, then in person ... then nothing ...and a month after all this they still have not hired anyone and have posted the same job yet again which has been open since...summer. So, in short, I do not believe they are really wanting to hire anyone. Or it's possible that I am too old and they didn't figure it out until I walked in the door. Who knows. But my opinion if it counts is nothing better than "negative" in terms of their professionalism and feedback.

Interview Question – no difficult questions....your typical...are you organized...and how do you stay organized. I do feel some companies pump you for information about how they can better do their job -- and have no intention to hire anyone. I was asked some questions about specific things that the manager should have known how to do and it really made me wonder if I was just invited in to give him tips or if he was interested in knowing what I really would do...Who knows....left a bad taste in my mouth.   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Controls Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlas Copco in October 2012.

Interview Details – First there is an in-person interview with the Engineering Manager or one or two of the senior controls engineers. To impress the controls engineers, have a background that shows you are competent with Controls Engineering in general and have an interest in the product. If you are selected, HR will contact you. The HR manager is fierce but if you stand your ground, you can get a negotiation out of her.

Interview Question – You won't be "tested" during your interview. However, it will help if you have a background using Allen-Bradley products and can CAD your own electrical drawings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a battle ground but I was able to negotiate a 10 percent sign-on bonus and 10% increase from the base salary.

Human Resource Generalist Interview

Fremont, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Atlas Copco in December 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager and management team

Negotiation Details – Real - pay for performance

Engineering Interview

Garland, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Atlas Copco in January 2008.

Interview Details – good interview one on one. questions were the standard. People were nice. did not take to long to finish the interview. it was nice that they made their decision quickly, that was a plus. I really though that they did a good job making me confortable during the interview.

Interview Question – there was no difficult questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Wilrijk (Belgium)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Atlas Copco in March 2013.

Interview Details – I got the interview through my university. The interview consisted of questions about my motivation for the internship and my technical skills. All around a pleasant experience. I was quickly contacted that I got the internship and further communication was excellent. Further details concerning work schedule and compensation were quickly given.

Interview Question – A detailed question on the functioning of screw compressors.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Atlas Copco in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was headhunted through an indipendant recruitment agency. After they advised of the vacancy I was interviewed by the Regional general Manager for Southern Africa. I went through two interviews before being offered the position.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for this company and also what is your long term goal.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short, the GM at that time was a real "number guy". I wanted to work for them anyway so just a small increase in my current package was enough to bring me across.

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Vicenza (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Atlas Copco in February 2010.

Interview Details – 3 steps, 1st with the HR, 2nd with the responsible of your office and 3rd with General manager

Interview Question – nothing new, standard questions   Answer Question

Metallurgist Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Atlas Copco.

Interview Details – interview will have a technical round and an hr round .technical round will be on metallurgy basics and about previous job responsibilities,mainly area of heat treatment function of alloying elements,hr round consists of behavioral aspects like organisation behavioretc

Interview Question – if you had a quarrel with your colleague he uses unparliamentary language what would you do   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer

Interviewed at Atlas Copco

Interview Details – phone interview first, then face to face with HR and manager and design lead

Interview Question – how long are you planing to stay in Sweden?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy and flexible

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Atlas Copco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atlas Copco interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Atlas Copco employees and interview candidates.