Atlas Oil

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Taylor, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Atlas Oil in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews went great but the lack of communication after was HORRIBLE...kept me going for 3 months before I got a final answer.

Position was posted at the end of November, applied online with the personality test approx. 2 weeks after posting went up. Got a call from a great recruiter to set up a time to do a phone interview. Interviewed on the phone for about 45 minutes, went GREAT! Recruiter said I believe you are exactly the type of person we are looking for. She had to take her feedback to the team leader before she could set up a face to face interview, they wanted the position to start at the start of the new year. Set up an interview for beginning of January. The team lead was apparently on vacation for 3 weeks and when he got back he canceled my interview because he was too far behind from being on vacation, which pushed back the start date. finally re-scheduled the face to face interview for 2 weeks later, went GREAT again...sounded like I was the perfect fit for the position and the company. Interviewed with team lead and his boss. I asked when a decision would be made he said max 3 weeks. Told me to call if I hadn't heard from him in 3 weeks. 3 weeks past, I called left message no return call. Attempted to contact recruiter but she was out of the office and her last day was the next day. 4 weeks went by where I didn't hear a word from the company after the great interviews. So I persisted, and contacted the company again to see if they had made a decision yet, finally got though to a new recruiter who had no idea what she was doing. Talked with her on Wednesday, she said YOU'RE STILL BEING CONSIDERED we just have to get a few things figured out we'll have a decision by Friday. Didn't hear another word from them until I got a letter in the mail, 2 weeks later, in MARCH, saying I wasn't the right fit for the company....EXTREMELY CONTRADICTING TO WHAT THEY TOLD ME IN EVERY COMMUNICATION I HAD WITH THE COMPANY. Very disappointing with the lack of communication and lack of action taken by the management especially since they wanted to have the person start at the beginning of January.

Interview Question – Asked a lot of questions like give an example of a time where you ran into a problem, what actions did you take to fix the problem and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Atlas Oil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atlas Oil Business Development interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Atlas Oil employees and interview candidates.