Atlas Oil

2.4

EVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atlas Oil.

Lots of bs. Regaled in the corporate bs. Truly, I was misled and even though I read through the information on glassdoor, I thought I could make change. I was wrong.

Interview Questions
    Easy if you're good at negotiations. I can tell you, Sam isn't.

Human Resources Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Atlas Oil.

After a phone interview, I was invited to an in-office interview. During the in office interview, I met with a group panel and 1:1. Their offices are very nice- very modern and they try to show that they are a fun and energetic company. They are also great on pay and their benefits seemed to be ok as well- but comments were made during my interview that matched up with reviews I had read previously and made me seem like it was a job I would be there for the money, but not for a long term career.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any- very unusual as I had been interviewing a lot of places during that time period but they did not. The HR Manager or whatever her title was, was literally taking note ideas, no of me, but of ideas from my experience to use.   Answer Question

Was told it was a very good company- good business but very hard working environment. By hard working, what was meant that it was a difficult environment in the office to get along etc. Asked them about their glass door reviews when I went to interview as they were very bad- and they said they just weren't hiring the right people. Being an HR Professional, I know that happens some of the time. But it can't happen as often as it seemed to with this company or you have the wrong person hiring.

Financial Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Atlas Oil.

Contacted by recruiter numerous times. Onsite interview was not organized. Company folks did not know who position would report to. Questioned by people within and outside of company. Positioned turned over three times in four years. After, interview agency said company was very interested. Week later got turned down. Reached out to outside agency recruiter for detail. Recruiter would not return emails or phone messages.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected call directly from company to Interview with panel of company staff within 2 hours of call.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Atlas Oil in March 2013.

Environment was very open and relaxed. HR manager comes in and does a "formal" session. This is just general things such as "if your willing to travel, etc.." Then a possible co-worker comes in and asks more about your experience with the requirements of the position you are applying for. As I remember, there is no guidelines for the questions. We talked a bit about the company and what I would be doing, I gave my experience and that was it. Nothing too difficult.

None

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Atlas Oil.

This was a lengthy process. I was first contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I was then called to come in for an interview about a week later. I interviewed with another HR person and 2 managers (one which was my direct report). I then was called to interview with a VP. Pretty basic stuff and each person was very nice. Just a bad company to work for. Pass on this place. The turnover is extremely high. Each person I interviewed with resigned and that was less than a year ago.

They would not budge.

Crude Oil Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Atlas Oil in February 2013.

Very honest and open about the new paint on they're surface as a company

Take it or leave it!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Atlas Oil.

Very involved process that takes three times longer than it should. I interviewed with six different VPs and Directors via phone, and then had an additional four in-person interviews over a six week period. This gave me the impression that this was a thorough and detailed organization. I discovered later that the lengthy and multiple person interview process was simply due to internal inefficiencies, poor (no) inter-departmental comunication and information sharing, and an very go-through-the motion process on the part of most of the interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • None, most of my interviewers went through the motions and simply needed to get this item checked off of their To-Do list. Most of the questions delt with my experience and background - "Have you ever done this/managed that?" This was merely an investigation into how much of their current workload they could pawn off on me after I was hired.   Answer Question
    Nickle and dime stuff. I felt like they were trying to get me at the cheapest possible cost. In hindsight, I should have held firmon my saklary expectations and if not met, simply walked away.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atlas Oil in March 2011.

Talked with their people at a career fair on campus, and then attended their corporate presentation. Got a phone interview a few days later. Interviewer seemed to be a recruiter type, not necessarily working at the company. Questions about how I started my day, work habits, etc. The career fair people talked about their need to create metrics to measure performance and what the customers need. Also, they talked about their entrepreneur culture, driven by the CEO. The CEO doesn't have a college education but has the skills to look for profits opportunities on spreadsheets. Also, the CEO will meet with the new employees and ask them how they would improve or make money for the company. One entrepreneurial example was getting an outside coder to handle data processing to save many steps for a person. This process was done many times by many people a day, and thus saved a lot of time over the company.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Atlas Oil in February 2011.

Interviews went great but the lack of communication after was HORRIBLE...kept me going for 3 months before I got a final answer.

Position was posted at the end of November, applied online with the personality test approx. 2 weeks after posting went up. Got a call from a great recruiter to set up a time to do a phone interview. Interviewed on the phone for about 45 minutes, went GREAT! Recruiter said I believe you are exactly the type of person we are looking for. She had to take her feedback to the team leader before she could set up a face to face interview, they wanted the position to start at the start of the new year. Set up an interview for beginning of January. The team lead was apparently on vacation for 3 weeks and when he got back he canceled my interview because he was too far behind from being on vacation, which pushed back the start date. finally re-scheduled the face to face interview for 2 weeks later, went GREAT again...sounded like I was the perfect fit for the position and the company. Interviewed with team lead and his boss. I asked when a decision would be made he said max 3 weeks. Told me to call if I hadn't heard from him in 3 weeks. 3 weeks past, I called left message no return call. Attempted to contact recruiter but she was out of the office and her last day was the next day. 4 weeks went by where I didn't hear a word from the company after the great interviews. So I persisted, and contacted the company again to see if they had made a decision yet, finally got though to a new recruiter who had no idea what she was doing. Talked with her on Wednesday, she said YOU'RE STILL BEING CONSIDERED we just have to get a few things figured out we'll have a decision by Friday. Didn't hear another word from them until I got a letter in the mail, 2 weeks later, in MARCH, saying I wasn't the right fit for the company....EXTREMELY CONTRADICTING TO WHAT THEY TOLD ME IN EVERY COMMUNICATION I HAD WITH THE COMPANY. Very disappointing with the lack of communication and lack of action taken by the management especially since they wanted to have the person start at the beginning of January.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of questions like give an example of a time where you ran into a problem, what actions did you take to fix the problem and what was the outcome.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granger, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granger, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Atlas Oil in June 2008.

I was a walk in, met with the manager in the building that was free at the time of my resume submission, then another manager an hour later. The next day I was taking a drug screen, filling out paperwork and accepting a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    Verbal negotiations that were "forgotten" or denied once the time came to honor raises and promotions.