Atlas Oil

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Taylor, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Atlas Oil.

Interview Details – Very involved process that takes three times longer than it should. I interviewed with six different VPs and Directors via phone, and then had an additional four in-person interviews over a six week period. This gave me the impression that this was a thorough and detailed organization. I discovered later that the lengthy and multiple person interview process was simply due to internal inefficiencies, poor (no) inter-departmental comunication and information sharing, and an very go-through-the motion process on the part of most of the interviewees.

Interview Question – None, most of my interviewers went through the motions and simply needed to get this item checked off of their To-Do list. Most of the questions delt with my experience and background - "Have you ever done this/managed that?" This was merely an investigation into how much of their current workload they could pawn off on me after I was hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nickle and dime stuff. I felt like they were trying to get me at the cheapest possible cost. In hindsight, I should have held firmon my saklary expectations and if not met, simply walked away.

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Granger, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Atlas Oil in June 2008.

Interview Details – I was a walk in, met with the manager in the building that was free at the time of my resume submission, then another manager an hour later. The next day I was taking a drug screen, filling out paperwork and accepting a verbal offer.

Interview Question – Are you ok with sexual harassment?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Verbal negotiations that were "forgotten" or denied once the time came to honor raises and promotions.

Worked for Atlas Oil? Contribute to the Community!