Atlassian Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014

3.2

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Atlassian in October 2012.

I was referred by an employee. I had a 20min phone interview with the person who was leaving the position, and it was a pretty natural conversation comparing our similar backgrounds. I asked her a lot of questions about her fit for the position, since it was my only chance to grill the incumbant. This was followed by in-person interview with 2 HR managers, followed by a 2nd interview with another manager, followed by final interview with the CEO and CFO. My HR contact was thoroughly friendly, responsive, and positive the whole time.

Interview Questions
    • HR managers kept asking me on how I deal with difficult characters.   View Answer
    • What's your philosophy on life?   View Answer
    • What's the latest book you've read?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Atlassian.

Got an invite to a telephonic interview within a week of applying to the position on the website. The HR contact was professional responsive and helped me choose a date. During the interview, there seemed to be a disconnect between what was listed in the job description and what the manager was looking for. I didn't have experience in what the manager was looking for, so I'm surprised I was called to the interview in the first place. Overall, not a very good experience because I spent a lot of time learning about the company and preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • General background questions, why are you interested in this position, and what have you done in the past that demonstrates your ability to do well in this position?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Atlassian in June 2014.

I interviewed with three different teams over the course of nearly three months as Atlassian was staffing up their Austin office. The process started with a brief Tech Recruiter phone screen and an online Java test. There were a couple of video call interviews, one included questions about code that was emailed to me shortly before the interview. Another required completion of a coding project. Everything was fairly standard as long as you're a competent software engineer. In the end, I didn't have quite enough web background to match their needs.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where your technical solution improved a product and how.   Answer Question

Director of Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian in July 2014.

Reached out by HR and Hiring manager within a few weeks which went fine and had a face to face with the hiring managers "go to" people. The process was fine but the interviewers were junior.

Interview Questions
    • The issue with the IT dept is that the interviewers for the role were more junior and not experienced enough to interview a high level candidate. They expected end to end solutions to help them which is practically free consulting and not a job interview. (We don't do that) Communication issues were a problem and their breadth of their experience was limited in understanding the recommendations.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian.

Met with 5 people across the organization, including the head of HR. Ultimately, I had to chase up to after not hearing back for a number of weeks. While a business has their reasons for choosing candidates, I would have appreciated some courtesy in keeping me informed, given their mantra around employee recruitment and satisfaction.

Interview Questions
    • Meeting with Jeff Diana and not having any questions asked of me but rather asked to run the interview through my questions.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian.

I got an email from a recruiter after being recommended for a position by employee referral. After setting up a date and time for a phone interview, the recruiter completely forgot to call. I tried calling them, and emailing, but to no avail.

The next day I finally got a reply that the recruiter was sick, and the interview would be rescheduled.

A week later, after hearing nothing, I followed up again, and only heard back they're now seeking someone else.

I'm extrememly disappointed with the process, especially given their values, which I can't repeat here due to Glassdoor's rules. But I suggest you look them up.

Web Optimization Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian.

two rounds of skype interviews. Mostly being asked about behavioral questions, probably due to the entry level position I was applying to. Very friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. All questions are quite common in most interviews   Answer Question

Enterprise Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian in February 2012.

I originally applied for a product manager position but it became clear that my background in Enterprise Software cried for dedicated projects.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult. It was a very honest and comfortable discussion.   Answer Question
    I was made an offer for a total project price and expected effort range which was very acceptable to me.

Online Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian in November 2013.

Very quick turnaround between application submission and first interview. Did an initial phone interview, was asked to come in an speak with three different team members and then a supervisor. All very kind people. I wasn't offered the job, but the interview process at Atlassian was as good as any other place.

Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian.

Applied online, about within 2 weeks received online exam link. Online exam was very long and problems was pretty tough. A week later received email that I passed online exam and scheduled technical phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer almost didn't asked me anything technical, a few background questions and informed me that they need more senior level position. Actually their job announcement was not required senior level, but he said so and ended interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Atlassian? Contribute to the Community!