Atlassian

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Technology Interview

Director of Technology
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian in July 2014.

Interview Details – Reached out by HR and Hiring manager within a few weeks which went fine and had a face to face with the hiring managers "go to" people. The process was fine but the interviewers were junior.

Interview Question – The issue with the IT dept is that the interviewers for the role were more junior and not experienced enough to interview a high level candidate. They expected end to end solutions to help them which is practically free consulting and not a job interview. (We don't do that) Communication issues were a problem and their breadth of their experience was limited in understanding the recommendations.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview Details – Met with 5 people across the organization, including the head of HR. Ultimately, I had to chase up to after not hearing back for a number of weeks. While a business has their reasons for choosing candidates, I would have appreciated some courtesy in keeping me informed, given their mantra around employee recruitment and satisfaction.

Interview Question – Meeting with Jeff Diana and not having any questions asked of me but rather asked to run the interview through my questions.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Designer Interview

Designer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview Details – I got an email from a recruiter after being recommended for a position by employee referral. After setting up a date and time for a phone interview, the recruiter completely forgot to call. I tried calling them, and emailing, but to no avail.

The next day I finally got a reply that the recruiter was sick, and the interview would be rescheduled.

A week later, after hearing nothing, I followed up again, and only heard back they're now seeking someone else.

I'm extrememly disappointed with the process, especially given their values, which I can't repeat here due to Glassdoor's rules. But I suggest you look them up.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Web Optimization Intern Interview

Web Optimization Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview Details – two rounds of skype interviews. Mostly being asked about behavioral questions, probably due to the entry level position I was applying to. Very friendly interviewers.

Interview Question – no difficult questions. All questions are quite common in most interviews   Answer Question

Enterprise Software Consultant Interview

Enterprise Software Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian in February 2012.

Interview Details – I originally applied for a product manager position but it became clear that my background in Enterprise Software cried for dedicated projects.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult. It was a very honest and comfortable discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was made an offer for a total project price and expected effort range which was very acceptable to me.

Online Marketing Specialist Interview

Online Marketing Specialist
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick turnaround between application submission and first interview. Did an initial phone interview, was asked to come in an speak with three different team members and then a supervisor. All very kind people. I wasn't offered the job, but the interview process at Atlassian was as good as any other place.

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview Details – Applied online, about within 2 weeks received online exam link. Online exam was very long and problems was pretty tough. A week later received email that I passed online exam and scheduled technical phone interview

Interview Question – Interviewer almost didn't asked me anything technical, a few background questions and informed me that they need more senior level position. Actually their job announcement was not required senior level, but he said so and ended interview.   Answer Question

Partner Marketing Interview

Partner Marketing
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Atlassian in June 2013.

Interview Details – Had four international skype interviews then live interviews at HQ including an "unplanned" group interview. Was told I had to come back to meet with marketing but I got a no thanks email instead.

Interview Question – Of all the team members you met - who will be the hardest to work with....   View Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Atlassian in July 2013.

Interview Details – The initial phone screen was with the manager of one of the marketing teams. He was very friendly and talked a bunch about the details of the company and divisions and what they did. When I asked more specific questions about the job/role of data at the company, he seemed to not really be sure.

Interview Question – Did not really ask me any questions.   Answer Question

Portfolio Product Marketing Manager Interview

Portfolio Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Atlassian in July 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was through email from a recruiting manager letting me know they were interested and to answer a list of questions such as why I was interested in the position and how I would perform different aspects of the job. The manager was very nice and welcoming. Another email was sent inviting me to the next round phone interview with the position's direct report. The phone interview was short and the conversation was disconnected from my correspondence with the recruiting manager.

Interview Question – If you were going to make a one page sales sheet on Agile or Scrum, what would you put in it.   Answer Question

Worked for Atlassian? Contribute to the Community!