Atmel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Crypto Applications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atmel in June 2015.

Interview

I had two phone intervies. One with the manager and the other with crypto apps team. the interview was pretty straigthforward. the total duration of second interview was 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions on embedded concepts like SPI, interrupt, polling and interrupt routine. About my work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Atmel (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Had phone screen by a Director and Manager. Got called in for interview, took most of the day. HR contact was incompetent, called for salary requirements then called again in 48hrs asking for the same info.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to innovate to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Corporate Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Atmel (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

They contacted me through email to schedule a phone interview with one of the managers in the accounting department. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. It was typical behavioral questions asked in any interview, nothing out of the ordinary. We had a quite pleasant conversation. I received a rejection email one day later stating that they decided to move on with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you had with working on group projects.   Answer Question

Web Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atmel (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

- HR contacted me and had phone interview - Phone interview with hiring manager - In-person with 6 team members (4 hours) - They don't contact you to provide closure to the interview process - They asked for three references, one has to be a prior manager - They also ask to provide your recent pay-stop when they decide to hire you.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager are you? I use emotional intelligent approach, believe in transparency and communication, open door policy and feel that I need ensure that I provide all the tools my employees need to their job.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Atmel.

Interview

A telephone interview from the hiring manager and followed by a on-site interview with 7 engineers. All of these are 45 min technical interviews. Two brief 15min talks with HR and recruiter. Very friendly environment to new grads.

Interview Questions

• About my project of ADC. Some basic questions about MOS devices, current source, mismatch, source follower and op-amp.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Interview

When I first phone screened with a recruiter, seemed like a great place to work, growing company and fast paced. Was brought on site and was highly disappointed as I met with 2 people from HR, an HR director and HR "business partner" both that were on their PHONES during the interview, texting and talking. Found it extremely rude and unprofessional as half the time I had to stop talking or they weren't paying attention and asked me to repeat myself. One of the most unpleasant interview experiences. Being in the onboarding process in HR myself, I find it very displeasing and I'm sure for others as well for Human Resources to do. Never got an email follow up or call if I got the job or not. Either way, not a company I would work for. After talking to them, they seemed very flustered and disorganized.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atmel (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by the recruited who was knowledgeable and personable. Two rounds of interviews. There were 3-4 people per round. Most interviewers seemed pretty prepared and asked good questions. There was one person that seemed a bit out of her element, but most were people I would want to work with.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question, but more a comment on expectations. Since they have a strong presence in Asia, there was a requirement for call in meetings at odd hours to accommodate for the Asia site.   Answer Question

I didn't get a good feel from the direct hiring manager. I accepted a competing offer from a different company.

Verication Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Atmel in April 2014.

Interview

Only behavior trait related questions: Tell me about how you worked effectively under pressure. How do you handle a challenge? Give an example. Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it? Give an example of a goal you reached and tell me how you achieved it. Give an example of how you worked on team.

Global Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Atmel (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Long and arduous

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was married and have a family which at the time I told the executive ( yes it was an executive) that its an illegal question to ask due to its discriminating nature and has nothing to do with my capability.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not my best negotiation during my career but because I liked the manager or so I thought. I had accepted the offer.

Atmel Response

Dec 2, 2013 – hr

We are sorry that you had a less than ideal interview experience with us. It looks like you liked the manager and we hope you have enjoyed your experience with Atmel since your start date. As you ... More

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atmel (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Unknown - was hired 25 years ago at Honeywell - was acquired in company buy-out.

Interview Questions

• Questions were for production operator - have had no real interview since...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation