Atos North America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.7

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Atos North America.

Will be contacted by a recruiter after receiving your resume if selected
    Will interview in person and be drilled by network questions
    Job offer will come after a few days
    Must complete drug screen and backgroud check after providing soc
    benifits start right away, medical and vacation, vacation is prorated
    background checks will be on going as you get added to more client accounts, each one will have their own background check process. Thats pretty common any firm you work at.
    Most people work 9-5 m-f and if your an engineer you rotate on call

Interview Questions
    • How have you failed to overcome an problem and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question
    pretty much here you go and your start date, but everything is negotiable, your salary and your vacation

Data Center Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Atos North America in September 2013.

Applied online and I was contacted within 48 hours. Had my interview within the next 48 hours. Was given the offer 24 hours later on the grounds that I could pass drug screening and critical background check. Was onsite and working less than 3 weeks after initial application.

The interview is business casual. No tie is necessary. A nice polo is probably your best bet.

I was interviewed by two people at the same time. One person was more on the HR side of things and the other on the technical side.

High level background check! Two back ground checks take place. Pre-hire and during employment. After you are hired you will be going through a government background check, so make sure you're squeaky clean.

Interview Questions
    • What port does (protocol) use.   View Answer
    • What RAID do you believe we use most in this Data Center   View Answer
    If you have the experience and knowledge (certs are always a nice extra) try to get hired on as Tech II its a $2 jump on base pay.

Process Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Atos North America in June 2012.

Random dumb questions, they just want you to be part of their 24*7 support model and work 60-70 hrs/week. There will be 2-3 rounds depending on client and would not last more than 30 minutes since Interviewer doesn't know, what to ask!

Service Delivery Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Atos North America.

Excellent recruiting process with prompt follow through. The interview questions were appropriate to the position. Was able to interview with the client as well as management. Did not interview with staff reporting to this position.

Interview Questions
    • What changes would be implemented to increase customer satisfaction?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Was interviewed by inexperienced (junior) consultants, below my level that asked scripted questions. Was not sure of the outcome as the consultants did have enough background to validate my responses.

Interview Questions
    • None. The interview was on the fly with the interviewers being nervous and clumsy.   Answer Question
    No flexibility. Take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Atos North America in February 2009.

The process has changed over the years, but all new PMs were required to have a PMP certification at a minimum. Most if not all of the interview process is done remotely and over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • How would you demonstrate technical writing skills if asked to provide a sample   View Answer
    Basically you take or leave the offer, no negotiating was allowed.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Atos North America.

More time was spent selling the position than quantifying my expertise as a fit. I was hired for a different job than I applied for so I wasn't well prepared to answer questions for 'that job' so I was caught off guard. They decide if they want you based on what's on paper. If you seem like-able at the interview - it's yours to lose. They are measuring how poised, confident, calm and good you are under pressure. (professional acumen). They will keep asking questions till they trip you up or find your weakness and proceed with several more to 'stress test' you. I lacked experience in a few of the areas (and no prepared response since I had no idea I would be going for a different job) but responded with stories and experiences which were somewhat related or relevant to show understanding of the concept and some exposure. I did this several questions in a row and they seemed to like my poise and 'communication' skills. I was likely up against others who were probably more attuned with more direct recent experience and prepared since they knew what position they were going for...I did deliberately give a range lower than current market rate (15-25% under) because I was coming in as a contractor and knew I would have room when I converted in the future - but for the moment my goal was to simply 'secure' the job out from under my competitors. I have done this in the past with other companies to get my foot in the door and then advanced later. Since then I have observed hiring practices and outcomes. Half the time they are hiring unqualified/ill fitting or lazy people they then have to let go later (after they have done no work, leaned on others, caused risk and done damage) after several months of no output. Bedazzlement and 'likeability' during the interview process and an interesting back story seems to take priority over logic. This is a problem half the time.

Interview Questions
    • Are you motivated by money? [Isn't the the entire point of employment?] I stalled and tried diversion and giving an ambiguous answer (it depends on the circumstances) but he pressed on as if the answer to this question as yes or no was the final test. (I said no.) He had a few more people to consider/talk to. I got a call within 2 hours they selected me.   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Atos North America in June 2011.

The interviewer tested my knowledge on basic Outlook and Windows issues and communicated in a way to solicit my manner of speaking one-on-one. She also asked questions about my education and experience and previous jobs, and asked me to give examples of customer service and handling difficult situations to see what I would respond with and how I would respond. At that time interviewing and speaking off the top of my head was not easy for me, but taking calls from different people all week has certainly improved that to a great extent.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a problem you could not resolve, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    The interviewer hired me on the spot along with 20 other agents. They needed people to assist with their hardest account and they needed them immediately. Because it was clear I was somewhat undecided with finality, my recruiter was able to get me a good wage with almost no negotiation.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Atos North America in August 2012.

Received a call from Atos recruiter who went over job role and my requirements, determined I was qualified to apply for the job and sent my resume to HR recruiter, got a call from a lady recruiter who scheduled a person interview with hiring manager at Highstown NJ, interview was mostly going over job role and expectations, very few technical questions. After two hours of interview hiring manager told me that I was going get a call in a week for a follow up interview...3 weeks later, no call. I E-mailed recruiter, HR recruiter and hiring manager inquiring about the company decision for this role, no call back, no E-mail after 3 weeks! We all put aside time for interview and expect both sides to be more professional, a simple E-mail saying that "another candidate have been identified" or "we are still looking" would be enough, terrible experience with Atos job application here in NJ.

Server Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Atos North America in May 2008.

Interview is just like any other. They will not tell you salary until they believe you are committed.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions if you are experienced and knowledgeable enough.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.
    Unfortunately I took the job because I thought it would be temporary and I had no other job in my hand. I would advise to keep looking. This is not a good place to work.

Worked for Atos North America? Contribute to the Community!