Atrenta

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

3.3

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atrenta.

My resume got shortlisted from our campus. Initially I had communication with HR regarding the job description. Then I appeared for written exam, qualified for technical interview and selected.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I had a initial round of discussion with the HR. He briefed about the job and the responsibilities. After shortlisting the applicable jobs for the skill set, I was asked to wait for further communication.
    Then I was asked to come over for a technical round where 3 guys interviewed me one by one. The interview went fine.

Interview Questions

Not up to the expectation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atrenta in June 2013.

Firstly there was a written test which included 3 sections programming,digital and puzzles
    each section had near about 8 questions.After that -the interview in which they asked about unix and linux commands.

Interview Questions
    • no question as such..apart from programming they asked about the project   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Written Test consisting of Digital Electronics, C programming mainly pointers, and brain teasers

It was followed by three interviews, the first and second one was one on one, the last consisted of the earlier two as well as a new interviewer.
    Mostly questions on programming and brain teasers.

Questions were mostly based on linked lists, stacks and pointers

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions were asked related to linked list:
      1. How to find a loop in linked list
      2. How to reverse a linked list

Brainteasers on one ball being heavier than others, number of weighs needed
      1. Using just one pan of the scale
      2. Using both pans

Dynamic allocation of 1D and 2D arrays

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

One hour phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atrenta in December 2012.

1. Written Test
    2. Personal Interview

Written Test: 1. C based questions 2. Digital Circuits 3. Aptitude
    PI: 1. Tell me about yourself??
          2. Asked me to write a code to print a matrix in helical fashion.
          3. Some questions on operating system
          Topics: Multi-threading , semaphores,
          4. Data structure based questions
          5. Some HR questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atrenta in August 2012.

The company visited our campus. There was a written test first which tested on the digital , software and aptitude skill sets. The shortlisted students went through 2 rounds of interview which comprised a total of 1.5 hours. The topics that they mainly tested in the interview were from the written test and data structures from the software background.

Interview Questions
    • Data structure questions which were innovative and required a completely new approach to tackle the problem rather than the brute force approach. Example . to find out the Kth largest number in a BST .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

C,C++,Data Structure and Algorithms, Prepare C properly and expect good algo questions.

Ingénieur logiciel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grenoble (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grenoble (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied online – interviewed at Atrenta in December 2011.

Il y avait plusieurs étapes, j'ai été jusqu'à la deuxième. Tout d'abord, le premier entretien se déroulait avec le recruteur général. Cela consistait en des questions générales et des questions d'algorithmes intéressantes. Premier point important : il était très inquiet que je ne sois pas un développeur C++ expérimenté. La deuxième étape se passait avec une jeune ingénieure de l'entreprise. Elle m'a cuisiné avec des questions sur le langage C++ afin de "comprendre ce que vous savez en C++ bien que vous nous ayez déjà dit que vous n'étiez pas un expert". La deuxième partie de cet entretien consistait en des casse-tête. J'ai résolu le premier, pas le deuxième, et j'ai eu l'impression que la recruteuse a pensé que je connaissais déjà la réponse du premier avant de le résoudre et que j'essayais de la tromper ! Après cela, je n'ai plus eu de nouvelles d'eux. Pour résumer, c'était une expérience négative et je n'ai pas bien compris s'ils avaient besoin d'un ingénieur ou de quelqu'un qui sait juste bien écrire en langage C++.

They have several rounds; I made it to the second one. First one was with the hiring manager. There were general questions and interesting algorithmic questions. First red flag at this point was that he was very concerned that I was not a seasoned C++ developer. Second round was with a young engineer of the company. She fried me with C++ questions in order to "understand what I know about C++ although you have already told us that you are no expert". Second part of the interview was puzzles. Solved the first one; not the second one and also got the impression that the interviewer thought that I had known the answer to the first one beforehand and tried to deceive her! I did not get any contact from them after that. Overall I had a very negative experience and I was very concerned whether they needed an engineer or someone who can just write good C++ code.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Atrenta in August 2011.

There is a written round. The test contains three sections : Hardware, software and analytical. After that 2 technical interviews and a HR round.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a piece of code and was told to find out what it does. The trick was that code had a very deep bug which could be a lot hazardous. I found it eventually..   Answer Question