Atria Senior Living

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Atria Senior Living.

OK Three people interviewed in one day same old questions, basically scripted questions, no imagination to think of their own questions to ask I'm not sue they will ever figure out what they are doing there, the entire company is money driven, not looking to take care of the residents the way they should be

They came up a little from their original offer but still pay low, I wish I never accepted it though, it was a big mistake to work for this company

Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Atria Senior Living.

Phone Interview with Executive Director, 2nd phone interview with regional, asked what are your best qualities and what is one thing you need to improve on. 3rd phone interview with Regional VP, are you willing to travel and work long hours, personal interview with Executive Director, test then hire if passed.

Interview Questions
    Look to see if you really care about Seniors and know your Job criteria's

Resident Services Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Atria Senior Living.

Interviewed with the ED and the RSD, interview was easy and everyone was nice. I was surprised at how easy it was to talk to the management. The hiring process was a bit disorganized though.

Interview Questions
    could not get me more pay than i deserved for the amount of work i was doing

Business Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Atria Senior Living in March 2014.

Interviewed with the recruiter over the phone. I received a call a week later to set up a time to interview with the Director of the community (which I thought went well as she said I would definitely be hearing from her). I called and emailed both the recruiter and the Director a week later, and then a week after that to follow up, didn't get a reply from neither. I thought that was very rude and unprofessional! I figure if that's how their people/company operates, I wouldn't want to work for them anyway and consider it their loss. Warning: Pay is VERY low for the responsibilities and expectations. And in order for the Directors to make their bonuses, there is no negotiation because it would cutting in to their budget. I had a feeling that they are more numbers driven than anything!

Interview Questions
    • Questions were the basic generic "Tell me about a time", read straight from the computer screen, I struggled to get through it because it was aggravating, VERY dull and impersonal! That should have been my first clue.   Answer Question

CBD Interview

I was contacted after they reviewed my resume on Monster.com

There wasn't a negotiation.

Community Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Neck, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Atria Senior Living in October 2013.

Answered online Ad, Had a phone interview with the recruiter Tom, then proceeded to have interview date set up. Met with the ED and Regional Sales Director (3 hrs). Tom called me that evening and said how impressed everyone was with me. Several weeks passed and Tom called me to meet with one of the VP's. Had an hour meeting and VP said I would hear back in a few days. I called Tom and he said that the VP was very impressed and I was the #1 Candidate. A month has gone by and I see the job posting no longer exists and no one has gotten back to me.

Interview Questions
    • It is right before the Holidays, would you suggest that the potential Resident move in after the Holidays or before and why?   View Answer

Director of Culinary Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan Capistrano, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Atria Senior Living in April 2013.

The hiring process went from filling out an application in person and meeting the Executive Director, then an interview with a corporate person, and then to a cooking test where I had to cook for all of the above plus a handful of the management team. Later I would receive a call from the corporate office with a job offer and then another counter offer after I suggested the pay was a bit low.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question was how would I be able to work with Mexicans, which I thought was a bit racist, but answered to the best of my ability without letting on that the question made me feel a little uncomfortable.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate 3k over what they offered me.

LVN/Resident Service Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Atria Senior Living in March 2013.

Very long process causes some front line staff to find other job offers in the interim, causing directors to start over the search. Takes 3 to 4 weeks to get a front line staff started.

Interview Questions
    How much is your salary expectation?

Community Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Atria Senior Living in March 2013.

It was a pleasant process

fairly easy

Community Business Director Interview

The hiring process began by submitting my resume and cover letter online, on their website. I followed up with an email to the recruiter, and we scheduled an Initial phone interview. If you pass the initial phone interview, the next step would be to meet with the local hiring manager.