Attachmate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Desktop Support Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Attachmate in August 2011.

The hiring process is like any other except for the fact that they are theral regarding past employer job function details. Hr administrator is pleasent and very forthcoming, explained in details the job requirements and detailed the expected day to day activities. After th initial telephone interview and they feel you'd be a good fit, they invite you for an in-person interview. The rest is history... Great place to work!!!!

Interview Questions
    • What would someone who is very close to you say your strenghts and weakneeses are?   Answer Question
    Pleasent, open and very discrete....

Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Attachmate.

Was contacted within a week with a generic bland email (it did not even mention my name) from an HR person that I'm a great candidate and wanting to speak to me urgently that same day or the next latest. This was very inappropriate, since it assumed I am available and not allowing time to prepare. I responded proposing a suitable time but immediately received an out of office reply (the HR person had forgotten to switch it off when returned, although it was already the end of the day). This first interaction with the company immediately demonstrated lack of professionalism and respect towards candidates, which is unacceptable in this day and age. Against my better judgement, I decided to proceed with the phone interview.

The phone interview with HR went very well and was told I will be recommended to the next stage. But in a few days I got a call from HR, mistakenly claiming that I had applied for this position before and since I had not been successful then, the hiring manager had said that my current application could not proceed. I was rather shocked by all this and said that the only time I had ever applied was over 1 year ago and for a different role. HR could not provide me with any other feedback but encouraged me to apply again in the future - I was even more shocked and asked why I should do that, since waiting over 1 year is apparently not enough. No, thanks - very disappointing experience indeed.

Interview Questions
    • General questions re skills & experience - why you, why us...   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Attachmate

Worked for Attachmate? Contribute to the Community!