Au Bon Pain Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Columbus, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume online, got a call within the day for an interview for the next day. Had the first interview on day 1, day 2 was second interview and day 3 was orientation. Started training on day 4 so within a week I was ready for work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We talked about what I was getting paid at that time, how the drive was twice as much as before, what I was willing to except and what he was willing to pay me.

Other Interview Reviews for Au Bon Pain

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

Interview

i had one interview with the store manager, where she explained the work environment and what my job is as the cashier. She gave me an employee book to read through and explained each section carefully and asked if I had any questions, and since she liked my attitude and my previous work experience, I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Au Bon Pain had a new store opening in the Jay St- Metro-tech Area. I received a call from the hiring manager of the store to come in for an interview. It was pretty easy. The manager started the interview with a question completely unrelated to the job I was applying for and I kept the conversation going because I wanted him to think that I had a strong personality. My planned work. We ended up spending almost 15 minutes talking about something that had nothing to do with the interview, but throughout the entire conversation he was observing me and realized that I fit the position he was looking for. I ended up ot getting the job because I was a full-time college student and I didnt meet the hours that he needed works for.

Interview Questions

• He did not ask me any questions about the job, but i overheard him ask another candidate: How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

Interview

I met with the manager who hired me on the spot. This was a bit of a biased interview based solely on my appearance but it turned out well and I worked with the company for a year before turning it in for something better

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to a hiring seminar, then they asked me to come back on a tuesday at 2:00p.m. On that tuesday, i was suppossed to have another interview, but someone had quit that same day so i was thrust to work immediately.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a bad customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

The process took 3 days interview in person was called 2 days later with job offer the interview was pretty straight forward interviewer didnt even looked at my application

Interview Questions

Could not work the overnight shift

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Providence, RI) in November 2011.

Interview

There were two steps to this. The first interview was 1:1 and took about 10 minutes. They asked the basic customer service questions and a time you were in a difficult situation. Then you had to do a simple math test to make sure you can work with money and numbers. It was a pretty basic test if you passed HS Algebra.

Negotiation

It was a simple hourly based job so there really wasn't negotiations. They started me out at $8/hour and you were paid every week.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

First phone interview, then easy in-person interview. Basic customer service questions, hired on the spot in person. Gave in documents and started that following Monday. Great experienced altogether, interviewed by the owner of the store.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

Super easy interview. No personal questions, just the basics; Tell us about yourself etc. I walked into a location had an interview that day and literally got hired on the spot. The AM was super nice.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

This interview was very long, intense, but for me - ended up being well worth it. Tons of people showed up and anyone who arrived after 2:30pm could not be a part of it. Of the maybe 70 people who all came to apply and interview for jobs, about half of those 70 applications were called up by name to leave before even getting to do the skills test or the personality because after some introductions to lighten the tense aura of the room, the managers who were present took some time to talk, and glance over everyone's applications. Of the remaining people, I and 2 other people were asked to move to a different side of the room for the skills test and I was the only one of my group of three that completed it under the set time limit, so I got to move onto the 50 question personality test. The other two individuals had to leave. Apparently every single person - from your boss's boss to the dishwasher - ABSOLUTELY has to pass this portion in order to be considered for the job no matter how awesome their skills and personality match up - you've got to also pass this. The 50 question personality test was next. This test is probably the least intense part of the interview just bubble in your honest answers. After waiting and watching more teams of three result in a few winners and more losers, I was asked to speak with a manager who was there who asked me your expected interview questions and also told me what would be expected of me in my desired position if I were to get it. I have no idea if the ABP interviews take 2 hours anywhere else, but in Chicago the hiring event was long. **I didn't have to be a part of the group interview portion but 95% of everyone else had to. This was due to my group being the first to take it's skills test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Arrive early, make sure you have hours to spare, be honest, stay confident, answer honestly, pay close attention and use common sense and you'll probably be offered the job right on the spot. Don't be afraid to apply if you lack the experience. Open availability is a plus for cafe positions and the way that everything is set up gives you multiple chances to actually show how great you are rather than just telling someone so.