Au Bon Pain Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY
Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in March 2014.

Au Bon Pain had a new store opening in the Jay St- Metro-tech Area. I received a call from the hiring manager of the store to come in for an interview. It was pretty easy. The manager started the interview with a question completely unrelated to the job I was applying for and I kept the conversation going because I wanted him to think that I had a strong personality. My planned work. We ended up spending almost 15 minutes talking about something that had nothing to do with the interview, but throughout the entire conversation he was observing me and realized that I fit the position he was looking for. I ended up ot getting the job because I was a full-time college student and I didnt meet the hours that he needed works for.

Interview Questions
  • He did not ask me any questions about the job, but i overheard him ask another candidate: How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Au Bon Pain

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in June 2010.

I just fill my application and have a interview with the two managers at the store, they did not care about my experience they where willing to train me, but what they care was that I have good aptitude and smile to the costumers, the costumer service is the more important thing for the manager time

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

I met with the manager who hired me on the spot. This was a bit of a biased interview based solely on my appearance but it turned out well and I worked with the company for a year before turning it in for something better

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

I went to a hiring seminar, then they asked me to come back on a tuesday at 2:00p.m. On that tuesday, i was suppossed to have another interview, but someone had quit that same day so i was thrust to work immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in November 2011.

There were two steps to this. The first interview was 1:1 and took about 10 minutes. They asked the basic customer service questions and a time you were in a difficult situation. Then you had to do a simple math test to make sure you can work with money and numbers. It was a pretty basic test if you passed HS Algebra.

It was a simple hourly based job so there really wasn't negotiations. They started me out at $8/hour and you were paid every week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in November 2010.

This interview was very long, intense, but for me - ended up being well worth it.

Tons of people showed up and anyone who arrived after 2:30pm could not be a part of it.

Of the maybe 70 people who all came to apply and interview for jobs, about half of those 70 applications were called up by name to leave before even getting to do the skills test or the personality because after some introductions to lighten the tense aura of the room, the managers who were present took some time to talk, and glance over everyone's applications.

Of the remaining people, I and 2 other people were asked to move to a different side of the room for the skills test and I was the only one of my group of three that completed it under the set time limit, so I got to move onto the 50 question personality test. The other two individuals had to leave. Apparently every single person - from your boss's boss to the dishwasher - ABSOLUTELY has to pass this portion in order to be considered for the job no matter how awesome their skills and personality match up - you've got to also pass this.

The 50 question personality test was next. This test is probably the least intense part of the interview just bubble in your honest answers.

After waiting and watching more teams of three result in a few winners and more losers, I was asked to speak with a manager who was there who asked me your expected interview questions and also told me what would be expected of me in my desired position if I were to get it. I have no idea if the ABP interviews take 2 hours anywhere else, but in Chicago the hiring event was long.

**I didn't have to be a part of the group interview portion but 95% of everyone else had to. This was due to my group being the first to take it's skills test.

Interview Questions
    Arrive early, make sure you have hours to spare, be honest, stay confident, answer honestly, pay close attention and use common sense and you'll probably be offered the job right on the spot.

Don't be afraid to apply if you lack the experience. Open availability is a plus for cafe positions and the way that everything is set up gives you multiple chances to actually show how great you are rather than just telling someone so.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in March 2011.

The interview came from the GM. Didn't ask many questions at all. Kinda just made sure you were awake. Some of the managers are great hard working teach and assist you. Others will complain about your work when they didn't even try to train you. From open to close your job duties have to be learned on your own. Don't work too hard though because management won't recognize what you did and associates will take advantage of it.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in January 2008.

very tedious interview process, you are interviewed by 2 separate managers, given a 100 question personality exam, and a very demanding timed skills test, if you get past these parts they decide if they want to hire you, and do a behind the scenes background check

Interview Questions
    • How do you react in fast paced demanding environments?   Answer Question

Worked for Au Bon Pain? Contribute to the Community!