Au Bon Pain

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in March 2014.

Interview Details – Au Bon Pain had a new store opening in the Jay St- Metro-tech Area. I received a call from the hiring manager of the store to come in for an interview. It was pretty easy. The manager started the interview with a question completely unrelated to the job I was applying for and I kept the conversation going because I wanted him to think that I had a strong personality. My planned work. We ended up spending almost 15 minutes talking about something that had nothing to do with the interview, but throughout the entire conversation he was observing me and realized that I fit the position he was looking for. I ended up ot getting the job because I was a full-time college student and I didnt meet the hours that he needed works for.

Interview Question – He did not ask me any questions about the job, but i overheard him ask another candidate: How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in June 2010.

Interview Details – I just fill my application and have a interview with the two managers at the store, they did not care about my experience they where willing to train me, but what they care was that I have good aptitude and smile to the costumers, the costumer service is the more important thing for the manager time

Interview Question – How will you handle an upset customer   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

Interview Details – I met with the manager who hired me on the spot. This was a bit of a biased interview based solely on my appearance but it turned out well and I worked with the company for a year before turning it in for something better

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

General Manager Interview

General Manager
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in November 2013.

Interview Details – Odd contact person. Only used email,never a phone call

Interview Question – If a space ship landed outside the store and aliens came in and you you to go for a ride with them,would you go and why?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – very very low pay

MTO Interview

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in July 2013.

Interview Details – walk in interview

Negotiation Details – face to face

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in March 2011.

Interview Details – When I arrived I was greeted by the general manager of the establishment with a firm handshake and a great smile. the place was busy and bustling with people but despite that we sat and had a great talk about my values and what I expected to bring to the company.

Interview Question – Was I able to foster good team work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Well to be truthful there wasn't much of that at all the pay rate was explained and that was all.

Operation Support Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty standard. Four interviews with different support center employees. Job expectations were a little vague but helping to turn a struggling brand around is a big challenge and great experience.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Worked with a recruiter through the negotiation phase however the bonus structure which was stressed as a big factor in the compensation package was actually non existent

New York, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

Interview Details – I went to a hiring seminar, then they asked me to come back on a tuesday at 2:00p.m. On that tuesday, i was suppossed to have another interview, but someone had quit that same day so i was thrust to work immediately.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a bad customer?   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was recommended by a former coworker. I knew the general job function but not the title or actual description. I interviewed with the corporate officer I serve under and my immediate manager. There was only one round of interviews, and I received a job offer 5 or 6 weeks later with nothing in between. I didn't receive an actual job description until 11 months into the job, and it wasn't what we discussed in my interviews. The difference between what I (and my coworker hired at the same time) discussed in my interviews and what the job turned out to be has been very disappointing.

Interview Question – "Why do you passionate about food?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I didn't know the job description nor were there any communications between my first interview and the call from HR with the offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Au Bon Pain in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was easy. The manager asked how much experience you have, why did u leave your last job, what are your skills, ever encountered a difficult customer, etc.

Interview Question – Have you ever encountered a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Au Bon Pain

Worked for Au Bon Pain? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Au Bon Pain interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Au Bon Pain employees and interview candidates.