Au Bon Pain

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.2

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Au Bon Pain.

i had one interview with the store manager, where she explained the work environment and what my job is as the cashier. She gave me an employee book to read through and explained each section carefully and asked if I had any questions, and since she liked my attitude and my previous work experience, I was hired on the spot.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Au Bon Pain in November 2014.

I had an interview at the airport. Their manager came out to escort me in who was completely not friendly at all. Good thing I have worked at the airport so I know how ignorant some people are but more importantly, how the escorting process worked, otherwise I would have been lost!
    Whom I was supposed to interview with apparently didn't have time for me so sat me with his manager of that store who knew nothing about any of the questions I asked.
    It was a horrible interview process and I didn't get the position for whatever reason. Ironically enough, the manager I spoke with said she really liked me and would like for me to work with her!
    Onto the next..

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a union worker came and handed you a paper, do you read it?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Au Bon Pain in April 2014.

I was contacted via email to set up an initial interview over the phone with the Dir. of Staffing. After the phone interview, which I felt went very well, I was told my information would be passed along to the hiring managers and I would hear something shortly. After hearing nothing, I reached out to my contact and inquired about the process. He assured me that he had passed my information along and that I should hear something soon. Another week or more goes by and no correspondence again. I make a final attempt to reach out and get no response at all this time. Very unprofessional, yet unfortunately typical.

Au Bon Pain Response

Jun 10, 2014EA Human Resources

At Au Bon Pain, we strive to be the employer of choice in the food industry. We are deeply disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience during the interview process and we apologize. Au ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Au Bon Pain in March 2014.

Au Bon Pain had a new store opening in the Jay St- Metro-tech Area. I received a call from the hiring manager of the store to come in for an interview. It was pretty easy. The manager started the interview with a question completely unrelated to the job I was applying for and I kept the conversation going because I wanted him to think that I had a strong personality. My planned work. We ended up spending almost 15 minutes talking about something that had nothing to do with the interview, but throughout the entire conversation he was observing me and realized that I fit the position he was looking for. I ended up ot getting the job because I was a full-time college student and I didnt meet the hours that he needed works for.

Interview Questions
    • He did not ask me any questions about the job, but i overheard him ask another candidate: How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Au Bon Pain.

I met with the manager who hired me on the spot. This was a bit of a biased interview based solely on my appearance but it turned out well and I worked with the company for a year before turning it in for something better

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Au Bon Pain in November 2013.

Odd contact person. Only used email,never a phone call

Interview Questions
    • If a space ship landed outside the store and aliens came in and you you to go for a ride with them,would you go and why?   View Answer

very very low pay

MTO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Au Bon Pain in July 2013.

walk in interview

face to face

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

I went to a hiring seminar, then they asked me to come back on a tuesday at 2:00p.m. On that tuesday, i was suppossed to have another interview, but someone had quit that same day so i was thrust to work immediately.

Operation Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Au Bon Pain in December 2012.

The hiring process was pretty standard. Four interviews with different support center employees. Job expectations were a little vague but helping to turn a struggling brand around is a big challenge and great experience.

Interview Questions
    Worked with a recruiter through the negotiation phase however the bonus structure which was stressed as a big factor in the compensation package was actually non existent

In Shop Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Au Bon Pain in June 2012.

They had a hiring fair, was easy and comfortable and was hired in very short time

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    No negotiation. minimum wage