Auberge Resorts Interview Questions & Reviews

Candidate Interview Review

Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mill Valley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Auberge Resorts in May 2014.

Applied directly via corporate website and received in an invitation to speak with VP of HR via phone. After phone interview an in person interview was scheduled to meet with VP HR, existing executive assistant, and possibly COO. First in person interview consisted entirely of meeting with existing executive assistant and the COO sat in briefly and the VP of HR also sat in briefly - no separate interview with those people. Third interview was an in person interview meeting directly with the CEO. Fourth interview was meeting with the executive assistant again.

My perception of the people was that everyone was very nice and friendly. The CEO spoke of the importance of candor, ethics, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. From a cultural perspective I didn't feel the practice had been perfected by everyone I had met with. I had a "TMI" experience and much more information was shared than was necessary which left me with concerns, rightfully so. My ultimate perception is that there is a degree of functional dysfunction within the office and also there were internal concerns around the job description of the new EA to CEO even before the interview process even started.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was in response to one of my weaknesses - that I am a poor delegator. In a fourth interview my poor delegating skills were discussed as a concern but I was able to explain the difference between delegating to a subordinate (I have prior management experience) and delegating to a co-worker who is managed by a different person. Because this role was not a manager role, I would have a weakness delegating my own work to someone else because I take full ownership of my personal workload. In retrospect I should have explained that this weakness is not a personal shortcoming but an area where I could benefit most from training, development and/or support.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Auberge Resorts

Worked for Auberge Resorts? Contribute to the Community!