Auburn University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy Interview

Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
Auburn, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Auburn University in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is a day or more, and I met with several different faculty and leadership. A few of my interviews were using Skype because many faculty are in different locations in Alabama.

I left with a positive experience about the interview, but the trouble came after. Because it was my first time interviewing for a faculty position, I asked for feedback after I received a letter (6 weeks later) saying I wasn't offered the position. I did not receive any responses, even after running into faculty I interviewed with at national meetings. They definitely burned a bridge with me, as I never want to work with an institution that doesn't realize the importance for growth for all clinical pharmacists.

Interview Question – Who do you serve as faculty - patients or students?   Answer Question

Commercialization/Marketing Interview

Commercialization/Marketing
Auburn, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auburn University in May 2014.

Interview Details – Acquired interview through online application process. In person panel (the three bosses that you'd be working under) interview. Go through the online application rather than emailing the people. After being selected for an interview you select various times that'd work for you and they are very helpful at working around your schedule.

Interview Question – Not many unexpected questions, read up online about what common questions are and be prepared to answer things on your resume. My answer: How does the ______ information on your resume meet the _____ needs of our position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated from 20 to 30 hours. I went in person and talked to one of the bosses that I interviewed with and he told me how they had it set up. Very helpful and quite relaxed which was nice.

Quality Specialist Interview

Quality Specialist

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Auburn University in September 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process took a long time to get the first contact from the department. The research group was funded by a grant and was tied to the signing of the contract before hiring could start. Once the contract was signed, the director of the project moved quickly to get me on board.

Interview Question – The interview was very basic and not very high pressure. The interviewers were courteous and offered good detail about the nature of the project and the open position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I worked directly with the director of the project and we were able to settle on agreeable terms for both of us.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Media Specialist Interview

Media Specialist
Auburn University, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Auburn University in February 2014.

Interview Details – I met with the editor-in-chief and was basically offered the job on the spot. No clips or samples were requested. I had submitted my resumé earlier, but she didn't ask many questions about it.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions. She simply asked what I liked to write and then explained the magazine's process.   Answer Question

Student Therapist Interview

Student Therapist
Auburn, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Auburn University.

Interview Details – We were asked to send in an electronic application by December, which included letter of interest, recommendation letters, etc. Then we sent in a video resume (in lieu of a face-to-face interview) . After which they invite you to visit the campus (lodging provided).

Interview Question – Why haven't you chosen to come here yet?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at Auburn University

Interview Details – This job came with acceptance to my academic program. If you got into the program, and didn't have a research assistant position lined up before you came in you were assigned to this job.

Student Athlete Monitor Interview

Student Athlete Monitor

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Auburn University.

Interview Details – Very informal process, I came in and talked for about 30 minutes, gave my resume, and then was given the tour and hired on the spot.

Interview Question – I was asked about academic record if I was interested in tutoring.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at Auburn University

Interview Details – Work was contingent on acceptance into doctoral program.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Auburn University.

Interview Details – Several emails, and the professor called me and gave me a phone interview.

Interview Question – Talk about your previous research.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Auburn University, AL

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Auburn University in June 2013.

Interview Details – Talked with school of architecture; nice folks, interview panel had good detailed questions and was very organized; they'd clearly done this process a few times before.

Interview Question – No real surprises or crazy questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Auburn University

Worked for Auburn University? Contribute to the Community!