Auburn University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2014
Updated Aug 23, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Auburn University in July 2012.

it included meeting with the course professor and the department Graduate Program Officer. The interview course professor lasted for 30 minutes and with the Graduate Program Officer lasted for 20 minutes

i didnt negotiate

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Contacted the professor directly. Questions relating to wind tunnel testing and aerodynamics are dealt with. Professor is extremely helpful and friendly. We have then discussed about how the laboratory course spans out through the semester and the responsibilities that I entail for the same.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle increasing work load for a 100 students,given your coursework?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Auburn University in February 2013.

The interview process is a day or more, and I met with several different faculty and leadership. A few of my interviews were using Skype because many faculty are in different locations in Alabama.

I left with a positive experience about the interview, but the trouble came after. Because it was my first time interviewing for a faculty position, I asked for feedback after I received a letter (6 weeks later) saying I wasn't offered the position. I did not receive any responses, even after running into faculty I interviewed with at national meetings. They definitely burned a bridge with me, as I never want to work with an institution that doesn't realize the importance for growth for all clinical pharmacists.

Commercialization/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Auburn University in May 2014.

Acquired interview through online application process. In person panel (the three bosses that you'd be working under) interview. Go through the online application rather than emailing the people. After being selected for an interview you select various times that'd work for you and they are very helpful at working around your schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected questions, read up online about what common questions are and be prepared to answer things on your resume. My answer: How does the ______ information on your resume meet the _____ needs of our position.   Answer Question
    I negotiated from 20 to 30 hours. I went in person and talked to one of the bosses that I interviewed with and he told me how they had it set up. Very helpful and quite relaxed which was nice.

Quality Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Auburn University in September 2011.

The hiring process took a long time to get the first contact from the department. The research group was funded by a grant and was tied to the signing of the contract before hiring could start. Once the contract was signed, the director of the project moved quickly to get me on board.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very basic and not very high pressure. The interviewers were courteous and offered good detail about the nature of the project and the open position.   Answer Question
    I worked directly with the director of the project and we were able to settle on agreeable terms for both of us.

Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburn University, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn University, AL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Auburn University in February 2014.

I met with the editor-in-chief and was basically offered the job on the spot. No clips or samples were requested. I had submitted my resumé earlier, but she didn't ask many questions about it.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions. She simply asked what I liked to write and then explained the magazine's process.   Answer Question

Student Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Auburn University.

We were asked to send in an electronic application by December, which included letter of interest, recommendation letters, etc. Then we sent in a video resume (in lieu of a face-to-face interview) . After which they invite you to visit the campus (lodging provided).

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you chosen to come here yet?   View Answer
    n/a

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

This job came with acceptance to my academic program. If you got into the program, and didn't have a research assistant position lined up before you came in you were assigned to this job.

Student Athlete Monitor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Auburn University.

Very informal process, I came in and talked for about 30 minutes, gave my resume, and then was given the tour and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about academic record if I was interested in tutoring.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Work was contingent on acceptance into doctoral program.

Worked for Auburn University? Contribute to the Community!