Auction Systems

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Auction Systems

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Auction Systems.

The interview started with the "VP of Sales" in their conference room. Normal questions from him regarding my background, sales experience, etc. He likes to think of himself as a hard business guy, so he is pretty direct. Normal interview.

Second interview was with the owner. Very professional, direct, and straight forward. When I left the first interview, I felt pretty confident. When I left the second, I had no idea if I did well or not. Turns out, she loved me, but I had no idea.

Here's the interesting part of the second interview; the owner brings her dog. He is an enormous guy - kind of intimidating, and I'm a guy with dogs, horses, etc. If he for some reason doesn't like you, or you show fear, you will not be hired, period. No joke. I could say more, but I choose not to.

Finally, I followed up frequently with the VP. He likes that. He called me to a bar for the final interview and said it was between me, and one other guy - he was having a hard time deciding. I obviously sold myself to him. I got the job.

Mix in a normal, professional interview with a dog interview, and there you have it!

Interview Questions
    • The dog part was kind of strange. I expected it, because they clearly state they are dog friendly when you google them.   Answer Question
    If you have read the interview part, and because of my personal situation, there wasn't a lot of negotiating. The salary was waaaaay low, but I had no choice. Additionally, they were going to drop my salary by 40% after 6 months. At that time, I had proved my value to the company, so it wasn't cut. I left fairly soon afterwards.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Auction Systems in October 2010.

I responded to a job ad from their website on a Friday and received a phone call the following Monday morning. Because we're a one car household, I shared with them that, if possible, I'd need a day in advance notice before any interview. They said fine and we set up the interview for the next Thursday at 11:30 AM. The day of the interview, one hour before my appointment, I received a phone call from their office telling me the interview was canceled, with no explanation. They said they'd call the following week to reschedule.

The following Tuesday, they called and asked me to come in the same day 2 hours later. I declined and reminded them of needing notice. The woman I spoke with said 'Oh, yes, that's right' and we set it up for the next day.

I arrived promptly for my interview, and was kept waiting in the outer office for 15 minutes. A women came in, introduced herself, gave me her card and took me on a tour of the facility. Afterwards, we adjourned to a conference room and chatted for 20 minutes. At the conclusion, she stated she liked my resume and credentials, and asked my permission to forward my file to the owner. She then said to expect a call within "the next week."

After returning, I sent a 'thank you' email and told her I looked forward to hearing from her.

Five days later I sent a follow-up email, asking if there was any further information regarding the position. No response. Three days later, I sent another email, asking if someone would have the courtesy to notify me if the position was filled. No response. I called ten days later. No response.

And that was it. Nothing. Nada. No emails, no phone calls, no kiss my ass, zip.

The frustrating thing was I was excited about working there. The job was right up my alley. It practically had my name on it. In addition, I was keeping one company on hold while waiting for word from them.

Once I realized they weren't going to respond, I decided to let it go. But I was mad. It wasn't because of being rejected that pissed me off; that's part of the process of putting yourself out there. Nope, I concluded it was the sheer rudeness and unprofessionalism that made me realize Auction Systems was a selfish racket incapable of honoring their word. If that was how they treated me, imagine working for them! We are what we do (or don't do). Que sera sera!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer