Auction.com, LLC

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.4

Closing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Auction.com, LLC.

Applied online, received a phone interview with recruiter. Came in to do an one on one interview with my direct supervisor. Took about 2 weeks until I received an offer from them. The entire process took about a month from application to hire date.

Interview Questions
    • It was more of a discussion than an interview with lots of questions. I think she was just trying to feel me out to see if I would be a good fit for the team.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Auction.com, LLC.

I submitted a resume, and got a call for an interview about two weeks later. The hiring manager seem pleasant and asked the usual interview questions, trying to ascertain my skillet for the job. He explain the company was moving to an Agile/Scrum development structure, which was creating a bit of confusion, but would be resolved in a few months. He also mentioned that they had recently rebuild the infrastructure of their systems, now API-base in Java and Python... a good move.

Interview Questions
    • Have you read about the company on Glassdoor.com?   View Answer

Got a better job offer (better pay and more reputable company).

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Auction.com, LLC in July 2014.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter without submitting a formal resume. Was not interested in the industry, but figured I have nothing to lose. I made it to the final stages of the interview process, which 3 separate interviews were held. It started off really bad where the HR department struggled to give me a definitive interview date. When it was finalized they sent me the address for the interview location. When I got there they had to send me to an offsite location. This already showed me they're dis-organized. When I got to the other location the interviewer was running late and only gave me 15 minutes of his time so I felt rushed. The second interviewer seemed to be the most professional and I thought it went well. However, when it came time for the last interviewer that was when I told myself I do not want to work at a place that is unprofessional because this person showed up late and only allowed me 10 minutes of his time. Again I felt rushed. This had to be the worst interview process I've ever been through.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say any of it was difficult as a matter of fact I felt like i knew way more about process and implementation and the software tool they were trying to implement. I don't see myself working for someone who doesn't have the necessary skill set to lead.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

HR phone interview; followed by group interview; followed by another phone interview by VP. HR asked me how soon I could start and then I didn't hear anything which was very odd. I was then contacted again almost 3 months later ( was still in the market) and she asked if I was still interested so I took the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked, in regard to the group interview, who (other than myself) in that room I would hire and why?   Answer Question

Part Time Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Auction.com, LLC.

no real interview skills needed for this just throw some names at them and your instantly hired. i just had to be referred to get scheduled even though i had experience they didnt really ask me about it we just chatted most of the time.

Interview Questions
    • asked me about my family, thought that was illegal to do   Answer Question
    none needed

Manager, Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Auction.com, LLC in March 2014.

I applied for the Manager, Market Research position on the company website January 2014. The initial phone call from the recruiter did not occur until March 2014. When I received the phone call, three months later, I was shocked due to thinking someone was already selected for the position. The recruiter was friendly, professional, and provided details on the job. After giving the job details, I was asked "tell me about yourself" and provided information on my background. Due to being on the lower end of the experience requirements, I was not invited to continue the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The interview only contained standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Auction.com, LLC in March 2014.

After submitting my resume I received a phone call and participated in a phone interview. I was given an appointment to interview in person a few days later. The next day I received an email saying they had filled the position with other candidates. A week or two later, I received another phone call to schedule an interview. I interviewed with 5 people along with taking a test. A week or two later I received another call to interview but when I "reminded" the caller I had already interviewed, the caller was unaware and had no record. I did not get the position but would have declined a position because during my visit I noticed only one smiling face through out my interview and tour of the facility. All I saw was a sea of stern, stressed expressions through out.

Interview Questions
    • One of the requirements was to take and pass the RE Brokers exam in 13 states within 90 days.   Answer Question

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Auction.com, LLC in March 2014.

Interview process is good. Team and Management is very nice. They have very good estimations on the position.

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Auction.com, LLC.

HR will reach out to you via linkedin. During this time, they will sell you on all the bells and whistles they will offer. It is too good to be true. After LinkedIn, they will set up a phone interview. If they like you, you'll be asked to come in. The entire process is a bit time consuming and can take several weeks.

No negotiation

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Auction.com, LLC.

Long Interview process. Long Hiring process. communication was poor by hiring manager

No negotiation