AudaExplore - a Solera Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at AudaExplore - a Solera Company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AudaExplore - a Solera Company.

Interview

Initial communication was pretty quick. Met them at a job fair, and had a pretty good conversion both ways. Schedule for phone interview was made pretty quick, focused mostly on my background. After that, there was a team interview with the team. They mostly asked about experience and some technical questions, but not actual coding. The interviewer promised to send out a response by the end of the week regarding the results and follow up for the next step. Didn't get anything and had to do a follow up myself, which obviously was going to be a rejection. The problem was that a response was promised and never came, even if to say no since the guy promised it. Makes them look bad, couldn't keep their word!

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. They were more interested in my background. I guess that's what they were looking for before going into actual coding tests.   Answer Question

Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AudaExplore - a Solera Company (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Hiring on was OK, went well, and I was prepared for all questions.After the phone interview went well, I felt the one-on-ones would be all right, and they were.

DSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AudaExplore - a Solera Company (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Inside referral, one phone Interview and one in person Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Would not except if I had to do over.

Interview

It was great experience, professional, competent and polite process

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AudaExplore - a Solera Company in January 2013.

Interview

Fill out application, get called in for interview, have a one on on e with a development leader, receive an offer, 2 weeks triaing and you are in. I wish they cared about their emplyees more than the interior of their leased space.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AudaExplore - a Solera Company (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Took awhile to hear back, probably a couple weeks. Got email, then call from HR. Screened first by HR, then set up phone interview. Phone interview with 2 people. Questions about core Java, web technologies, OO concepts, design patterns. I was able to ask some questions as well. A couple days later got an email inviting me for in-person. Got to in-person, met with HR but was just escort to technical people. No info from HR on benefits, etc. Interviewed by 2 managers. Very dry. Just a barrage of questions. No probing, no "why" questions asked. Just had to regurgitate the correct answer and they moved on. No personality questions. Given written problem on paper. Recursion problem. No dialog, just had to write it out. Discussed afterwards. No feedback on correctness of solution, but got the feeling it wasn't what they were looking for. One manager was very cold and technical. Other one was warm and friendlier. But overall I didn't feel well received. No offer.

Interview Questions

• Written problem: Given a tree of nodes, write a method to calculate the node with the least number of children. I immediately went to recursion, but got no feedback at all if that's what they wanted. Messed up the base case, but eventually arrived at the right solution (not that they gave me any feedback on that)   Answer Question

AudaExplore - a Solera Company Response

Jan 29, 2013 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. I have shared your feedback with recruiting and the head of development so we can do better with the next candidate. Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AudaExplore - a Solera Company (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

1. Applied Online & was contacted by Recruiter for an interview with Hiring Manager - Director of PM 2. Phone Interview - First with the Recruiter and Second with Hiring Manager. It was generally positive; He asked me about my Product Management experience; Agile Scrum experience 3. Asked to come back for 1st Onsite Interview: I was interviewed by 3 people (1:1) a. Project Manager - He focused on Agile Scrum; How they were moving to a newer platform b. Hiring manager - More than an hour; He discussed at length how I would go about a end-user focused mobile application (who would pay for it; how to garner requirements and so on); All in all a positive experience c. Sr. Biz Analyst - She had mis-read my resume and had to spend 10 minutes explaining the resume; She asked on how I would handle dependencies in a Sprint cycle My questions were pertinent about their business model; their global strategy and how they would compete in fairly mature market. I was asked if I could also stay back and talk to VP - boss of the Hiring manager d. VP - It was weird interview; The VP asked me if I was open to travel; open to work long hours 4. Asked to come back one more time- 2nd onsite visit this time to talk to 3 more key team members: a. Sr. Product Manager 1: We spoke about my experience and he challenged me on my experience with Requirements Management b. Sr. Product Manager 2: This PM was new company as opposed to all other interviewers; He asked me to explain in detail how I would go about analyzing requirements for a new product. c. Sr. Biz Analyst: She was great at explaining expectations for the role. Almost all the interview over time I was told at the end of all these interviews (more than 5 hours spread across 3 weeks; that they'll inform me about their decision in 2 weeks. 2 weeks went by and I decided to call back the recruiter about the interview. The recruiter plainly told me that they decided to pursue other candidates. Audatex, gets a failing grade both on decision making and on interviewing. After all my time off work, and two on site interviews I didn't so much as get a formal letter or a telephone call from Audatex.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about designing a new end-user focused Product?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AudaExplore - a Solera Company (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and was offered a telephone interview. The telephone interview was a Quiz Show Interview style. I was asked for lots of trivial facts by their development manager It is easy to pass if you prepare correctly, but if you do not know the answers by heart, you are deemed not smart enough for this company, regardless of your experience.

Interview Questions

• What is DRY, SOLID ? (no explanation required, just give meaning of acronym) Difference between ViewData and ViewBag What does WCF stand for (just meaning of acronym) C# OO (what is a virtual method, what is a base class, and so on) Entity Framework questions: What is a POCO? Whatis lazy loading LINQ question. What interface is defined on a LINQ query output, when is t   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AudaExplore - a Solera Company in October 2008.

Interview

Three interviews, HR, Project Lead, 2 Developers. Hard to prepare for the interview as no specific job details provided. For technical questions expect standard core Java (1.4) and JSP questions- nothing too difficult. Seemed a relaxed office where developers worked more by themselves than as an Agile methodology.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult core java questions.   1 Answer