Audible Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

3.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Audible in September 2014.

After submitting an application and you're lucky to be selected to move on in the interview process, you will be invited to a HireVue Virtual Interview. There you will have the opportunity to take the interview at the time of your choice. Its very convenient unless you are are camera shy. The only catch here is that you only have 1 chance to record your answer so make sure to take the practice exam! It will definitely come in helpful.

If you make it pass the Virtual Interview then you will be chosen to participate in the in-person interview. There you will be interviewed by two people. Everyone at Audible is welcoming and highly knowledgeable so you will be in good hands! As long as you are comfortable, confident, and knowledgeable you should have a good time! The in-person interview feels more like a social event than a strict, nerve-racking interview. The Audible Team really goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable before the questions.

The office tour is very nice as you get to see where all the magic happens! You have wonderful views of the Manhattan Skyline and Downtown Newark ... and sunsets if you like those! Its a beautiful office reminiscent of the trendy and modern lofts you're likely to see at Google or a Hip Tech Company!

Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Typically the essay questions in the virtual interviews - they're timed!   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Audible.

Two phone screens and a full day of hour-long behavioral questioning. Also had to submit two essays. There were almost no technical questions even though it was for a tech manager position. Very little time was left open for me to ask them anything.

Interview Questions
    • In what way have you developed the career of another person.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I originally talked to a recruiter about a position with AWS. My resume made its way to Audible. I was contacted by another recruiter from the Audible office, who said my interview was for the team in Boston. When I got to the interview, the engineer was from the New Jersey office and didn't really know what the team in Boston did. The engineer was polite and mostly professional, but the disorganization of the recruiters was off putting.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Audible.

Applied though University and HR contacted to schedule two back-to-back interviews 45 min each. Questions are not very hard, mainly focused on linked list, hash, array, strings. Interviewers were nice and will give hint.
    Design a data structure contains int that supports add(int), remove(int), random() where random will give a random integer in the data structure. Run time of all three should be O(1).

Interview Questions
    Offer was great so didn't negotiate.

Senior Manager, Customer Care Process Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Audible in June 2014.

Applied online and received a screening phone call from a HR representative within 2 days. He discussed basic questions - background, experience, interest in the role, salary expectations etc. Standard screening to check verbal skills, thinking on your feet etc. Organised a first phone interview which took place 2 days later.

Phone interview went for 1.5 hours and focused on leadership questions. There were some technical questions, but at a high level. The person I spoke with was very detailed in his explanation of the journey of Process Improvement at the organisation and the senior management buy-in. He also listened to my answers patiently. It was a very pleasant experience. Afterwards, got another call from the HR representative who organised the next stage which was 4-7 on site interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a make a judgment call without analyzing any data. How did you go about it? What made you decide on making the judgment call? How did you convince the senior management that it was the right way forward?   Answer Question

ACX Support Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Audible in June 2014.

I applied online and had an employee referral. I have been told this place is all over the place with hiring so the referral didn't seem to help it at all. If anything it only made the process go quicker. I received phone call within two days of applying online/being referred. I then had a phone interview with a separate person 3 days later.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Audible in May 2014.

Got referred by an employees and got a quick phone screen. Was supposed to talk with the hiring manager but someone else called and didn't clarify the change until later in the call. Questions were easy but he was clearly not prepared with the resume and the interview. He was not comfortable being on the call and kept asking simple common questions. He mentioned that the HR found him on the hall way and asked him to take the call. I think he wasn't comfortable make the call. Sounded very insecure.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions: Tell me about the time that you changed the direction of an issue and make a great impact.   Answer Question
    • When was the time that you made a mistake? What did you learn and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Audible in April 2014.

Contacted by recruiter. Very soon got a phone screen.

The screening was a little disturbing as it was a Friday afternoon and the interviewer was obviously ready for the weekend. I honestly do not think it is a big deal as I am also interviewing other companies. But this potentially can be a big turn off for other interviewees.

We used a shared file to do some live coding. The problem was straightforward and there weren't too many hidden questions.

Interview Questions
    • Write a system that takes as input an array of start and end date (format=YYYYMMDD) ranges. Create a system function that, passed in a date with the same format, determines if that date falls inside any of the ranges, and returns true or false.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Audible.

I submitted my resume to a job board. I was contacted by HR within 2 days for a telephone screen. I spoke with HR by phone and was told at the end they will arrange for a telephone interview with the Executive filling the position. The executive's 2nd set of questions - do you have kids, how many, how old? The rest of the interview was standard but having an HR background, I know this is not legal. Within 5 minutes of ending the interview, I received the standard email thanking me for my interest but they are proceeding with other candidates. I emailed the HR person who initially contacted me and thanked him for the opportunity to interview by phone and stated that I understand the difficulty of filling such of important position. I also told him about the family questions. I was surprised to receive a response - but he responded "Thank you for the feedback. I will follow-up internally."

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Audible.

My resume was shortlisted and i was asked for a telephonic interview

Interview Questions
    • was asked to use an obsolete Date API for implementation   Answer Question