Audience

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Audience in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very relax, the atmosphere is pleasant and the people who walked by while I waited in the lobby were friendly and nice.
I interviewed with 4 people, the process was relax.
I was notified 1 month later they choose someone else and thanked me for my time.

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Algorithm Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Audience in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews used to be a full-day marathon when I was interviewing; fortunately, they are now shorter.

Interview Question – Knowledge of audio DSP algorithms required.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted offer without negotiation.

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Systems Test Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Audience in March 2011.

Interview Details – I got seen through LinkedIn and the interview lasted for 2 hours with 4 different people

Interview Question – It was all from DSP   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. i was more than excited to have it.

Rather Not Say Interview

Rather Not Say
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Audience in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was unorganized: offer letter was beyond late, interviewer was an hour late. poor communication

Interview Question – They wanted to call my current boss for reference   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They give you an offer that is only good for 24 hours- it's so you don't go shop with offer letter.

Hardware Engineering Interview

Hardware Engineering
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Audience in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a Hiring Manager first. There wasn't sufficient overlap. He forwarded my resume over to the Apps Engineering group with the Marketing dept. Interviewed over the phone with the hiring manager of that group. Had another round of 1:1 interviews with 6 different individuals from that group, excl the H.R. person.

Interview Question – Can You describe at a block level what the major circuit elements are for a Audio Codec/DAC. And what other circuitry(Filters) or thereof that go along with it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Audience in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had the worst experience with the Audience hiring manager, I am very happy at my current job, where we respect difference of opinion.
The recruiter emailed me for an onsite interview with the hiring manager for a senior position in the company. I visited the company but the hiring manager did not show up. The recruiter apologized me sincerely and was very impressed with my credentials. After few days, she arranged an interview with company executive and an engineer. Both were very impressed again. Finally, the third half-day interview was arranged with five other senior employees including the hiring manager. Three interviews were fine and everyone was impressed. The fourth person was the hiring manager, who was very negative from the beginning; he also showed his ignorance at few occasions and seemed very narrow minded. He was unable to accept new ideas and the proven facts, may be due to lack of knowledge or ego. Finally, I left the interview in the middle, and informed the company executive and recruiter that I cannot work in such hostile environment.

Interview Question – Nothing much all the time I was doing same presentation to everyone and explaining the issues.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Finally, I left the interview in the middle, and informed the company executive and recruiter that I cannot work in such hostile environment.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Audience

Interview Details – Initial telephonic round on shortlisting the proflie. Scheduled a direct face to face interview;
There were two technical rounds and probably a HR round would follow

Interview Question – C, compiler, OS, Linux questions   Answer Question

Host Software Team In Bangalore for Drivers ( Utterly Waste of Time) Interview

Host Software Team In Bangalore for Drivers ( Utterly Waste of Time)
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Audience in August 2013.

Interview Details – First 6.5 hr of interview in india office and then no news. after 1 month.3 telephonic rounds from US. Initially headhunter told them about expected salary but when india head called for salary details he said expectation is too much. Why wasted my 9 hours. Totally unprofessional.

Interview Question – find number of leaf nodes in a binary tree   Answer Question

Fimrware Interview

Fimrware
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Audience in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had applied for a role advertised by them. The role was mainly about developing firmware for audio SoCs. Initial round consisted of telephonic interview from US. Lasted for about 30-40 mins. I was asked to explain one of my project in detail and he asked questions based on the same. Technical questions regarding I2C, proposing solution to a remote update of a file on an embedded device. Was called for face to face to their Bangalore office which they were in a process to setup. At F2F they asked me to write a C code for deleting a complete binary tree given pointer to one of the node. One more question related to algorithm was asked. Later they described a job role which was completely different than what I had applied for. It was something like supporting their Korean customers with customizing their software. I told them I wasn't interested.

Interview Question – Write a C code to delete the binary tree   Answer Question

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Audience in November 2011.

Interview Details – it took take a long time

Interview Question – tell me the codec's function   Answer Question

Worked for Audience? Contribute to the Community!