Aurora Bank FSB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Dialer Administrator Interview

Dialer Administrator
Indianapolis, IN

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aurora Bank FSB in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process started with direct application to the website, which as far as bank websites go, had to be one of the smoothest application processes I have encountered. The HR Hiring Liaison then called me to confirm my interest, explain the job, and ask the general questions about why I'm interested, what the company is about, etc.

After, I was called by the hiring manager, who was my direct supervisor. The interview was more in-depth, asking about my database, dialer, and reporting experiences. He asked open-ended questions about my desire for personal growth, how I handle obstinate teammates during conflict, my primary manner of prioritization, and what type of management style I desired to work with, amongst many other questions. The manager was on point: no clues as to the quality of my answer were leaked through his questions.

A panel-interview occurred next, by phone, with the same manager plus all of the people on the team with the same job title. They presented their own questions, some of which overlapped, some of which didn't, and were more geared toward the everyday repetitive tasks the job entailed. Everyone seemed positive but still asking questions that forced critical-thinking. They were all very straight-forward and professional.

FInally, a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager occurred. Much of this was rehashing of previous interviews, but it also allow me to receive a better picture of what happened each day. He drew on a white board to better explain the job responsibilities, and introduced me to the entire team.

The next day HR reached out to me with an offer, and I accepted. I started 1 week later.

Interview Question – What do you feel is the number 1 objective of an outbound dialer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little was negotiable. Shift gave me a little sway, but pay was a "take it or leave it" proposition. SInce it was an increase, albeit not the level I wanted, I accepted. I am glad I did: this position has proved enormously utilitarian.

Worked for Aurora Bank FSB? Contribute to the Community!