Aurora Health Care

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.5

Senior, Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aurora Health Care.

Apply for all jobs online, and if the application is in process they choose you (possibly to interview you). If it says Application Review Completed and you have not heard anything else- then you were not chosen to continue the hiring process. Also denials are sent via email. Sometimes in the same day sometimes you wont hear until they have already hired someone. Also there is a lot of interdepartmental hiring and they seem to get the best opportunities.

RN Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aurora Health Care.

Very quick and no pressure. Go over work history and then questions, followed by job description. Made me feel very relaxed and at ease. Met with HR representative and director of nursing. Only took about 30 minutes. Asked only three questions, typical customer service questions such as when you had outstanding service and when you handled a difficult customer.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time you had exemplary customer service and went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Digital Communications Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aurora Health Care.

It's been three weeks since the phone interview and I contacted the HR person about a week after the interview. Still no work about the selection process.

The HR person didn't know a lot about the job so she wasn't able to answer many of my questions. The job description was very vague.

Manager Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aurora Health Care in October 2014.

I applied for the position online and received a call for an interview with the HR representative within a few days. The 45 minute interview turned into an hour and 15 minute interview and I progressed to the next interview with two senior executives. Another two interviews with executive leadership occurred. In total the process took about five weeks. After the fourth interview I emailed the HR representative a week later to inquire about how things were processing and I haven't heard back. It's now been a week and a half and I assume I will not be moving forward. I have never, ever had an interview with an organization, let alone three in-person, and not been formally contacted afterwards. I am appalled at Aurora's behavior and I spoke with a close colleague and they did the same to her after three interviews. Terrible, terrible, terrible behavior on behalf of their HR department!

Interview Questions
    • Asking me how I dealt with issues relating to a department that I wouldn't interact with.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aurora Health Care.

Upon review of your employment profile you may be contacted to schedule an interview with an HR representative. At times this interview may be scheduled along with your secondary interview with the hiring manager. After you have successfully completed the HR interview you may be called for additional positions matching your employment file until you have accepted a position. Unfortunately the process may take months to hear a response from the hiring department.

Interview Questions
    • The department interview is general less formal and is probing to see if you are a good match for the department and the vacant role.   Answer Question
    There was not a negotiation phase. Even with experience above and beyond the scope of the position many new employees start at the base. There are highly qualified staff with over 25 years of experience that do not make the mid-range of the pay scale.

RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aurora Health Care in August 2014.

Phone interview and 4 days later in person interview with manager and HR. Started out with the manager reviewing the job role and then typical HR questions. I received a business card and was told via email to submit references. However, they had my first name wrong and I was hesitant to have wrong name sent to references. After sending an email to have it corrected, I had to send another one the next day to finally get a response. She apologized via email, "I don't know how that happened. I will fix it right away" She never fixed it. Was this done intentionally or was it really a mistake and she was embarrassed to follow up with me. Hmmmm.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a mistake that you made and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interviewed twice but with a two month interval inbetween each time. I gave up on the job 3 times when I didn't hear back from them, but eventually they did call.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aurora Health Care in May 2014.

There were some unusual circumstances that created a lag time in my interview process. I met with the hiring manager and their manager. They were very professional and the interview went great. They shared a lot about the changes happening in the dept. It was the normal walk me through your resume.

Interview Questions
    • From HR - Can you send me your performance reviews from your last manager.   View Answer

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aurora Health Care in May 2014.

Was interviewed at job fair-everyone was extremely polite and well organized. Everyone had jobs listed out at tables and told you what each job was about (if you asked). Each recruiter made sure you were always helped or assisted, without being pesky about it. You were also assisted if you had questions applying online in the job fair room. Very helpful and friendly people. (They also had cookies and water & gave away salad shakers to everyone, which was a nice little plus).

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any extremely difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Poor Recruiting Process Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aurora Health Care in March 2014.

The initial phone interview and in person interview was positive and made me feel important and that I was a great candidate. After not hearing anything for 6 weeks, I followed up to find out I was chosen for a second interview. It took over a week for HR to set that up, and it was finally scheduled for the following week. After that interview I didn't hear anything for 2 more weeks. I was finally called by the recruiter to inform me I was not chosen for the position. The entire process took 15 weeks, far too long. The recruiting team should have more contact with the candidates to keep them informed of what is going on in the process and the next steps. I was told a timeline and it changed 3 times. I understand things happen, however no communication was made to me which made the process a poor experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to negotiate with a leader.   Answer Question