Aurora Healthcare

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Nurse-Experienced Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Aurora Healthcare in December 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process took quite awhile, about 2-3 months with few updates on progress. There were standard interview questions on a telephone interview, in person with HR, and with the unit manager. After that process was done the offer came a week or 2 later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult patient or their family? What did you do to improve their experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate salary at all.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aurora Healthcare in November 2013.

Interview Details – long process

Interview Question – Give specific example of wowing a patient.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aurora Healthcare.

Interview Details – Telephone interview first, about a week wait, then an interview and another week wait. HR is very busy so things tend to move slowly. They ask a alot of behavioral interview questions like how would you handle a conflict with a coworker?

Interview Question – When have you had to implement and support an idea that was handed down from management that you did not agree with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They have very structured pay scales.

HUC Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aurora Healthcare.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online, with an employee referral. Had a phone interview with HR, then met with HR in person the following week. The interviewer had 2 pages of "tell me about a time" questions..... She asked, I answered, and she wrote my answers down. Not personal at all, very uncomfortable. The interview took about 25 minutes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Tell me about a time you handled a stressful situation....   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Social Worker
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aurora Healthcare in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, followed by an in person interview with a recruiter. I was emailed a confirmation. The interview started late. I felt rushed by the recruiter. I was told to contact the recruiter if I didn't hear from a supervisor in a week.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aurora Healthcare in February 2009.

Interview Details – Quick and painless

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 5 years from now? (I hate the futuristic questions)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Aurora Healthcare

Interview Details – Initially, I was placed into Aurora Healthcare thru Technology Consulting Corp. (TCC) as a "contract for possible hire" for a position as a Systems Engineer supporting VMS Clustered Systems. After they presented me I has a personal interview, they showed me the layout, introduced me to the people I would be working with (who queried me on my knowledge of the systems - both from the hardware and software perspective). Satisfied that I would be a good fit, I was brought aboard and, after 6 months, they hired me away from TCC to be an Aurora employee full time.

Interview Question – There were a series of, "________ failed - how do you determine the cause, what to do to rectify the situation, and are there any steps you can take to eliminate further occurances, or at least minimize the damage and/or downtime caused by the issue? And what is your notification process?"   View Answer

Med Tech Interview

Interviewed at Aurora Healthcare

Interview Details – phone interview, and interview with supervisor

Very Easy Interview

Patient Service Representative Interview

Patient Service Representative
Oshkosh, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aurora Healthcare in August 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process took longer than I had expected. But now that I see it from the inside, there is a lot of red tape that the managers have to jump through in order to get a canidate approved. I applied in May and got officially hired in August. The interviews were quick and easy. The phone interview took much longer than the in person interview. I think the real interview is the phone one and then the in person one is just to get a feel for your demeanor.

Interview Question – Most the questions were pretty typical. I didn't feel surprised or stumped by anything they asked me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiations. They explained the pay and gave me a list of different hour/availability to choose from since they had a couple of openings. And that was all.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Patient Service Representative
Kenosha, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aurora Healthcare in February 2008.

Interview Details – You must apply on line on the Aurora Website. I had to apply for about a dozen positions over a period of about one year before I was given a chance at an interview. An HR Representative called me and asked a few questions over the phone. After that, I was invited to come to the HR department for an official interview. I interviewed with the HR representative. She told me that she would call me within a week. I was then invited to come in to meet the manager. The manager interviewed me in a rather informal interview. The HR person called me about a week later with a job offer. She offered me a position with an hourly wage. I accepted the position. When she called me back to finalize details, I was told that my salary would actually be about a dollar less an hour. This same thing actually happened the next time I interviewed for another internal position.

Interview Question – Why aren't you using your degree?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered a satisfactory salary. I accepted it. The manager later said that he would not agree to that and I was offered a much lower salary. I should not have been offered a higher salary to begin with if it wasn't going to be satisfactory.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aurora Healthcare

Worked for Aurora Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aurora Healthcare interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aurora Healthcare employees and interview candidates.