Aurora Loan Services

3.1

Senior Loan Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aurora Loan Services in February 2010.

Interview and meeting with recruiter.
    First Interview with hiring manager
    2nd set of interviews with 3 people - almost 3 hours long - CFO, Controller, and another Acct manager

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aurora Loan Services in September 2009.

The HR rep called to schedule a phone interview. In my submittal I made it clear that I owned a home in the Denver area and was planning on relocating.

The phone interview was fine and I made a positive presentation since I had experience designing and developing a web application dealing with defaults, servicing, claims and modfiication.

The phone interview was intense and asked about my technical skills in detail. I offered up the fact I had business experience in this area and know the domain model and as such could make a positive contribution.

At the end of the phone interview - they told me HR would be in contact to schedule an in person interview.

The result was - absolutely nothing happened.

I don't expect a rejection letter - just have basic manners and do what you said you are going to do.
    The fact there was absolutely no followup was astonishing.

How much effort does it take to send an e-mail and say the position has been filled - or you don't match our qualifications?

It takes skill to treat people this poorly.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aurora Loan Services in February 2009.

I obtained the interview only after applying online and not having been contacted by the recruiter for several days. I phoned the recruiter to inquire if they had received my application and the recruiter was able to locate it and agreed that my qualifications fit the job requirements. The recruiter scheduled a telephone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was personable and very business-like. She proceeded through the interview questions rather rapidly. She seemed to be particularly interested in someone who had experience with CASE tools. A sample question was, "What is the difference between a functional requirement and a system requirement."

According to the recruiter, the employer had been attempting to fill the position for a couple of months and was being "very picky," which the recruiter was finding very frustrating. The hiring manager immediately after the interview notified the recruiter that I was declined; they were looking for someone with more technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would go about analyzing a system and developing requirements.   View Answer
    • What is the difference between a functional requirement and a system requirement?   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aurora Loan Services in November 2008.

I used a network connection to discuss company plans. He recommended me to the hiring manager. The interview was more of an overview of the current structure of the company, the interaction between departments and the need to bridge gaps that had been created by previous managers. I gave a brief description of my experience, but the hiring manager relied mostly on the recommendation he had received.

Interview Questions
    • How do you bring yourself up to speed on a complex project that has been underway for two years?   View Answer
    I was satisfied with the original offer.

Foreclosure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aurora Loan Services in August 2008.

I applied online and after about a week I received a call from their HR department to schedule an interview. The woman in HR was very friendly. The interview went very well, I was excited about the job. They said they had a few more people to interview for the position but would give me a call within the next few days. I waited about a week before I called to check in with them. They said some internal things had come up but they would call me soon. The next week Lehman Brothers declared bankruptcy- that was the internal thing. But then they offered me the job. Unfortunately, I had already accepted a position at another company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to an angry person that was about to be foreclosed on and lose their home calling you and swearing at you several times a day?   Answer Question

I had already accepted a job elsewhere since they hadn't called me back anywhere close to the time frame they had provided. In retrospect, there was probably a hiring freeze right before they declared bankruptcy.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aurora Loan Services in April 2008.

There was 5 rounds of interview, 2 over the phone and 3 in-person. Most of the interview was easy.

Underwriting Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aurora Loan Services in February 2010.

Talked to manager never heard nothing following that. Then found out they hired someone with much less experience and not as much time with the company . May I also say that this peersons reviews were not nearly as good as mine. The funny part about this is the person they hired are not working out.

Interview Questions
    • What makes a client a good credit risk   View Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aurora Loan Services in October 2008.

The interview was straight forward and relatively easy.