Austal

Very Easy Interview

Administrator Interview

Administrator
Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Austal in April 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online within time period when the job is posted which is 5 days.
The interview should last around an hour. You will interview with a recruiter via phone first, when you are actually called in you will interview with the same recruiter as well as the hiring manager. You should be called back within a day or so depending if there are more interviews. You will be job offered and then followed by drug screen.

Interview Question – Just preparre for the generic interview questions and being able to speak specifically to the job you are actually applying for. But of course what are your stregnths and what are your weakness?   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer Interview

Mechanical Designer
Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Austal in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by a 3 person panel. 2 from Mechanical engineering and 1 person from HR.

The 2 representatives from engineering asked technical questions while the HR person reviewed my work history and asked general questions about what I knew about the company and how I handled certain situations on the job.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict on the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After my background check was cleared I received a call from the HR representative who gave me an offer. I asked for an additional $1 an hour and got it. I probably should have asked for more.

Logistics Interview

Logistics

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Austal in November 2009.

Interview Details – I first applied for posted position on the empolyers website and recieved the automated thank you letter.
I followed up with a hard copy of my resume and cover letter sent directly to the hiring manager.
My initial interview went well and it seemed I was on the short list for this potential postion.
Since my educational backgroung and experience matched what they were looking for I thought that I would get an offer or at least make the second round of interviews.
I did not recieve an offer nor the polite turn down letter.
Follow up thank you noted and emails were ignored

Interview Question – How would you handle a contract negotiation for a new vendor   View Answer

Worked for Austal? Contribute to the Community!