Austin Commercial

Austin Commercial Interview Questions

2.2

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Austin Commercial in November 2012.

I met the company at college career fair. Later they called and scheduled an interview. I met them at the Dallas office with two other people. We each interviewed with 3 different employees for roughly 30 minutes each. We interviewed with 2 before lunch then we went out to lunch in a casual environment then interviewed one after lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, the different candidates went through your resume and had you explain anything they thought stood out.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Austin Commercial in October 2011.

This was a fairly laid back interview. Much of the time was spent getting to know the company and interviewee. Very standard to easy questions were asked. The company seemed very solid and it is a huge bonus that they are employee owned.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Austin Commercial in March 2010.

I contacted corporate HR personnel via university alumni job board. We met shortly thereafter in 1:1 interview and discussed qualifications, expectations, company policies, training, benefits,etc. It was a relatively informal process with this particular HR professional. The interview centered more around cultural fit and basic qualifications, rather than in-depth knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how you eventually resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    I knew what I wanted, and when they offered lower, I asked for more and explained why. They met my request.

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Austin Commercial in November 2009.

Basically describe what you can do for the company and your current skill sets. Then talk about how they both come together and will give you an edge to be an Office Engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to get into the construction business from a business background?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weakness and provide examples of them?   Answer Question
    No negotiation . . . . obviously if you have prior experience, you will be able to leverage that when discussing salary.

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Austin Commercial in January 2009.

Contacted by headhunter. Asked for additional interviews with people on the jobsite so I could get to know the company a little better.

Negotiated to get a company vehicle thrown into the deal (actually, they suggested it when I balked at vacation of two weeks-non-negotiable item for them).

Field/Office Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Austin Commercial in September 2011.

I met the company at a career fair on campus and I was offered an interview the next day. The person who interviewed me was the HR rep. First the interview began 45 minutes late. Then, the interviewer told me that it wasn't so much an interview as much as describing what the company was about then answering questions I had, then him asking questions from looking at my resume. There weren't any basic questions that I was asked such as "where do you see yourself in 5 years" "tell me about making good decisions", the only question that was normal was one asking why I wanted to work at Austin commercial. I did have to do some quick math on the spot doing calculations of simple numbers, very easy though. Overall it was a strange interview, but not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • If you started at our company at age 22 how long before you could retire?   View Answer