Austin Commercial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Administrator Interview

Project Administrator
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Austin Commercial in January 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by headhunter. Asked for additional interviews with people on the jobsite so I could get to know the company a little better.

Negotiation Details – Negotiated to get a company vehicle thrown into the deal (actually, they suggested it when I balked at vacation of two weeks-non-negotiable item for them).

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Austin Commercial in November 2012.

Interview Details – I met the company at college career fair. Later they called and scheduled an interview. I met them at the Dallas office with two other people. We each interviewed with 3 different employees for roughly 30 minutes each. We interviewed with 2 before lunch then we went out to lunch in a casual environment then interviewed one after lunch.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, the different candidates went through your resume and had you explain anything they thought stood out.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Austin Commercial in March 2010.

Interview Details – I contacted corporate HR personnel via university alumni job board. We met shortly thereafter in 1:1 interview and discussed qualifications, expectations, company policies, training, benefits,etc. It was a relatively informal process with this particular HR professional. The interview centered more around cultural fit and basic qualifications, rather than in-depth knowledge.

Interview Question – Explain to me a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how you eventually resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I knew what I wanted, and when they offered lower, I asked for more and explained why. They met my request.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Austin Commercial in October 2011.

Interview Details – This was a fairly laid back interview. Much of the time was spent getting to know the company and interviewee. Very standard to easy questions were asked. The company seemed very solid and it is a huge bonus that they are employee owned.

Interview Question – Tell me why you would leave your current employer.   Answer Question

Office Engineer Interview

Office Engineer
Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Austin Commercial in November 2009.

Interview Details – Basically describe what you can do for the company and your current skill sets. Then talk about how they both come together and will give you an edge to be an Office Engineer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into the construction business from a business background?   Answer Question
  • What are your strengths and weakness and provide examples of them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation . . . . obviously if you have prior experience, you will be able to leverage that when discussing salary.

Field/Office Engineer Interview

Field/Office Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Austin Commercial in September 2011.

Interview Details – I met the company at a career fair on campus and I was offered an interview the next day. The person who interviewed me was the HR rep. First the interview began 45 minutes late. Then, the interviewer told me that it wasn't so much an interview as much as describing what the company was about then answering questions I had, then him asking questions from looking at my resume. There weren't any basic questions that I was asked such as "where do you see yourself in 5 years" "tell me about making good decisions", the only question that was normal was one asking why I wanted to work at Austin commercial. I did have to do some quick math on the spot doing calculations of simple numbers, very easy though. Overall it was a strange interview, but not difficult.

Interview Question – If you started at our company at age 22 how long before you could retire?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Austin Commercial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Austin Commercial interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Austin Commercial employees and interview candidates.